I am 23 years old and have never had a regular period since i started at age 13.. i was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome thus i knew fertility would be an issue.. i was prescribe Viorele (birth control) to help with hormones i was on this medication for about 10 months and returned to my Dr. because i began to have periods from every two weeks to every other week lasting about 7 days each and not light at all ... this was while i was talking Viorele.. my blood levels were checked and found out my estrogen was high...they took a pregnancy test as they usually do before prescribing birth control and came back negative (this was July 16, 2013)  and also did blood work which showed my estrogen levels were high and so I was then put on Aviane and started taking this July 23, 2013 and was also prescribed Metformin and Spirinolactone.. i began noticing about two weeks ago that my breast (especially nipples) were very tender and hurt and at the end of August 17 I was already on my last sugar pill and had not started my period.. i had cramping which i never had with my periods as crazy as they were and so I called the Dr to ask if they wanted me to return to the office to get blood work done to see if the Aviane had lowered my estrogen since i had no refills on any of my meds.. i notified her of my symptoms and she told me the breast tenderness was part of the birth control...i began to have some nausea so on August 19, 2013 i took a pregnancy test and thought to myself, who am I kidding, and to my surprise it read Pregnant in less than a second! My reaction was not of happiness for it felt all wrong...I was having troubles with my current boyfriend and our relationship hasn't been the best for about a month now..I reconnected with my high school sweetheart and had unprotected sex August 10 and 11... and to make matters worse I then had unprotected sex with the bf August 12 for the last time and since then have only been with my high school sweetheart...it was a stupid mistake and my choices were awful but i was at an all time low and thought my chances of having children were dimming...now I am uncertain of the father and need some help on how i can figure this out without having to wait until after birth to find out...i don't want to terminate but i also don't want to bring a child into the world without a known father. 

Hi 2me,

A couple of things.

1.  When was your LMP?  I'm assuming around July 23?

2.  It takes about 2 weeks, minimum, for a home test to read "pregnant."  If you took it on August 19, you likely conceived before the 12th, likely before the 5th.

3.  If your LMP was around July 23, August 5 would have been day 13 of your cycle and likely near your peak fertility. 

4.  August 10 would be day 18 of your cycle.  Since you normally ovulate between about days 11-16, and the egg is only viable for about 48 hours max, it would be late for you to conceive.  Your fertility was decreasing.

Without a DNA test we can't EVER be sure.  It appears as though your boyfriend is the father since you likely conceived before the 10th.

Hope it helps.

LMP was July 6-July 11 and took pregnancy test at doctors office july 16 which was negative and then i was prescribed another brand of birth control which i began to take July 23rd...i took as ordered..no missed pills.

OK.

In that case you likely ovulated between July 17 and 22nd. You may have been pregnant when you started the birth control. Pregnancy tests are not instantaneous they take several weeks to detect pregnancy.

You had sex with your "high school sweetheart" on Aug 10 and 11. That would have been days 24 and 25 of your cycle. By then, normally, the egg would not be viable - able to be fertilized. You'd be approaching your lowest fertility. You were likely pregnant already.

Odds favor the boyfriend being the father. Sorry.