I really want to gain weight badly, because I feel like I am sick thin like this. That is why I bought a weight gainer powder. I have heard it is recommended by the supplement store salesperson. Do you recommend these and can you tell me how it works. Is it recommended to take weight gainer for females?

Personally, I cannot say I approve usage of weight gainer for anyone and females especially. That is why I definitely do not recommend them. The idea of a higher calorie, easy to drink shake is great, but unfortunately, weight gainer products are less than ideal. These products are remnants of the high carbohydrates. It is like 80’s, back when everyone recommended eating carbohydrates to gain muscle. Almost all weight gainers on the market contain tons of carbohydrates in the form of sugar, which I could not recommend for health usage. That alone should be enough to make you avoid the product. More facts I could tell you are that weight gainers also contain very little protein. If you think about what I have told you, I guess you would not have weight gainer. First, protein is what builds muscle, and not carbohydrates. Second is that excess sugar consumption typically leads to accelerated body fat storage, so you can conclude on your own that weight gainer is not recommended for females.

Personally, I could not disagree more. I am very thin myself, as a result of my genetics and have always wanted to gain weight so I started taking meal replacements on TOP of my meals. They contain about 400 calories each. What you should do is look up online a chart that you input your weight, height and how much you want to gain and it will tell you how many calories you need to consume each day to get there. From what the previous poster said is that protein builds muscle and not carbohydrates. Well carbs produce fat. It is much harder for females to gain muscle and you would need to work out on a constant basis while taking the protein to see any results and even then it would happen slowly. Might I also add that if this person knew what they were talking about they would notice that these drinks contain protein, fat, carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, vitamines A, D, E, C, K, Vitamin B6, folic acid, among a dozen other nutrients. The only problem with these drinks is that they are expensive and taste less than Yummy.