Hi, I'm 17 years old and I weigh only 120 lbs, I'm 5`5” tall. I think I'm too skinny for my age, and I would like to gain some more weight. My parents say that all I need to do is to eat more and that I should gain weight. I'm eating as much as I can but it doesn’t show on my body since I have a very active metabolism. I also want to go to the gym to gain some muscles. Would it be safe for me to use weight gainers like gnc weight gainer 2200, will they do the trick?

Weight gainers are diet supplements whose main purpose is not to be a substitute for the real meal but rather to give us some extra nutritional supplements that our bodies may need. They are mainly used by athletes that really need some extra nutrition to achieve best results in sports. In your case, my opinion is that you are still to young to take these products and that you should wait at least a year or two before you start thinking about them. Your body is still in development and if you are skinny now it doesn’t mean that you won naturally gain weight in the future. Also you should be careful if you want to go to the gym. Putting too much strain on your body at this moment could inhibit your growth. When you go to the gym your testosterone level will rise and cause inhibition of the growth so you might be slightly shorter than you normally would be. If youre going to the gym you should start with small weights and then later go for more weights. I think that instead of using gnc weight gainer you should concentrate on your diet, increase the number of daily meals and most importantly eat healthy. Gnc weight gainer wouldn’t hurt you but you need to allow your body to develop naturally. If you still decide to use it be sure to consult your doctor before doing so.

Hi, i just bought GNC's weight gainer 2200. I'm looking to play college football and need to gain as much weight as i possibly can in the next 2 months... what is the best way and how much weight is realistically possible for me to gain in the next 2 months alone. I weigh 180 and im 6'4

I'm ALSO 17 & About 5'6"-7", 120lbs. I've Just started Using GNC Weight Gainer 2200 For A Week & I Haven't Gained ANYthing At ALL! I've Been Using It Like CRAZY Without Excercising & Have Seen NO Results...

I do know of some very healthy ways to gain weight, every one is such an individual though, I like to talk to people on a one to one basis. If you are a teen, I would like to know that your parents are on board and would be willing to chat with me, if they are happy with the suggestions I offer. I work with all types, I am an RN and Health and Nutrition Coach.

**edited by moderator**

My son found this and asked me to find out more info. He is 6'4" 178 pound junior who would like to gain weight. We have tried weight gainers, protien shakes and feeding him like mad to no avail. If you have any suggestions please let us know. Thanks

Many would consider you lucky, :-)
Try eating more carbs and protein, basically bread and meat. Don't eat non fat dairy products. Try whole milk instead of 2%.

Just thought I would share my personal experience with GNC's Weight Gainer 2200 Gold. I am 5'2", 20 years old, and only weighed 89 pounds. I normally weigh about 95 pounds but lost some weight during a particularly stressful 2 weeks of college (midterms, interviews, etc.) Anyway, I was desperate to get the pounds back so I drank about 2 servings (some days only 1) of the weight gainer a day for 10 days straight and gained 4 pounds.

Each serving for me was one 500g scoop with 10oz water, which is about 600 calories according to the label. I would drink one around 2pm (after digesting lunch) so I would still have an appetite for dinner at 6pm. And then the second serving around 10pm. I cannot imagine trying to have 3 of these servings a day as the label suggests--2 was enough.

The stuff doesn't taste the best--I got the strawberry flavored one but the worst part of it is the texture (it's a foamy, thick, semi-gritty shake)--you put about an equal amount of powder and water and shake the thing up.

But it definitely got the job done, and I would do it again.

I started with the GNC product, Mass XXX about 8 weeks ago to add mass and weight. I did gain about 15 pounds, but not with the supplement alone. If you truly want to gain weight and build up your body size you will have to eat right, about every 3 hours and work out with weights. I have now switched to GNC Weight Gainer to add the extra 20 pounds I need. Be sure to drink plenty of water if you take any supplements. My success story is, work out with weights, eat right, about 2000-3500 calories daily, get plenty of rest and stay committed to your program. One more thing about the Mass XXX and Weight Gainer and I am serious about this....it will make you gasey.

I would like to know which one would give better results in a month the mass xxx or a weight gainer 2200? I'm 5'9" and im 200 lbs and i need to gain some more weight for college football thank you

i'm 19, 5'11" and 140 lbs. for about 3 months now ive been working out pretty consistantly at 4 times a week. when i started i was 134lbs i gained 6 pounds in the first 4 weeks, but since then i havnt been able to gain any weight at all. ive been eating things like grilled fish and chicken and lots of rice but still remain at 140. the only real change is that im noticing ALOT more veins on my arms and sholders. I think it's time for some supliments. any suggestions?

You've been using your weight gainer the wrong way. Workout should be done 20 mins after drinking 3 scoops of WG and another 3 scoops straight after workout. This has to be done to see a change in your body and also to be taken in between meal time, best used in the afternoon around 3pm with lunch at noon.

Whats better for muscle gain and going up in weight mass xxx or weight gainer 2200 gold?

Hi..iam 5'6 weighing 59K and ma age is 19. people say that i look small for my age..well i think i do too!! lol..i have been gyming for almost 1 year now.. but not continuously....i am planning to use GNC weight gainer to gain weight..but i need some advie on it..i want to knw whethr will actually show a difference? will t pump up my muscles?? plzz reply back...thanx alt..tc peace!!! :-)

Yea im almost 18 in a month 5-6 5-7 120 seems like everyone has the same problem. I have a very active job.....pushing carts.. i am starting weight gainer 2200 this week bana creme my friends told me is the best. i will update u guys.. o and like the other guy said i am going to excercise every other day on my cross bow machine. and i eat like a pig!