Hello. I'm a 16 years old male, soon turning 17. My problem is that it seems I can't gain almost any weight. I weight about 123 pounds. In a year I've gained only 2-4 pounds. I'm 179.5 cm's high. I eat about 3 times a day and I eat quite often meat. I also usually eat very much at a time. A notable thing is also that I can't seem to eat much in the mornings, many times eating in the morning has resulted throwing up, so I usually eat small portions in mornings. Oh, also my digestion is quite fast.
I would like to hear any tips and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Juhan

hey revolutio,

it seems like you have a very high metabolism (unlike me :-( ) this means your body uses a lot of energy quickly and so eventhough you eat a lot your body uses it up for energy thus its hard for you to gain weight. as you get older your metabolism will slow down some so it will be easier for you to gain weight. for most people this is usually not a good thing because they then get fat when they dont want to be :-). given your height weight and age your ideal weight should be around 150 pounds. however 123 really isnt all that under weight. do you have much muscle on your body? remember that durring puberty growth hormone is released in higher amounts. in addition to making you taller it also speeds up metabolism and makes you burn fat more. if you are concerned about your weight i would bring it up to your doctor next time you get a physical. if your doctor isnt too concerned then you probably shouldnt be either... just make shure you eat a balanced diet and make sure you are getting enough vitamins and other nutrients to your body.

if you have any more questions or concerns just ask!!

Thank you very much biomajor. I looked it up in google and found that creatine can help to gain weight. Could it really help? Any additional suggestions and help are appreciated. :-)

20 WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT

1. Take it one step at a time

Start by paying attention to what you eat. Cut back on fat and sweets and add more fruit and vegetables. After you have that under control, add exercise. If you hate to exercise try it for only 15 minutes a day at first, then a 1/2-hour. Keep in mind that while you are exercising you are burning calories and not eating. Also, it will be easier if you chose an activity that you enjoy.

2. Find a friend

It is always good to have support when you are trying to lose weight. Find a friend who wants to lose weight and compare notes, weigh-in together and maybe even have a contest.

3. Use weights

Working out weights will build muscle and raise your metabolism so you will burn more calories. Also, muscle takes up less space than fat so you will be smaller ( but probably weigh more).

4. Eat fewer carbs

Don't eat as much bread and pasta and you will see a difference.

5. Set a goal

Set a deadline to lose the weight and write it down. For example, ' By Dec 14/04 I will weigh 150 lbs or less'. Put it somewhere you will see it daily.

6. Give up soda

If you drink a soda or 2 a day you are adding empty calories. If you find it hard to stop completely, cut back at first and drink water instead.

7. Grill or boil

Avoid fried meat, grill and use lots of spices. You will get used to it and probably enjoy it more.

8. Don't buy junk food

When you go shopping, don't go on an empty stomach and you will be less likely to buy junk food. Keep your home 'junk food free' so you won't be tempted to indulge.

9. Eat breakfast

well.. thx for the post, but.. I want to gain weight, not lose weight. %-)

Are you working out? Creatine is a supplement normally used in combination of working out to gain muscle weight. I think you should look into the high calorie protein shakes available in the market if you are looking into gaining muscle weight.

Something like this:

Goto GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and check out their weight gainer selection and talk to one of the employees for suggestions on workouts with the weight gainer. Search the manufacturer's website for tips on using the protein.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed