Do you think it’s smart to combine cycling and weightlifting? I’d like to add another activity to my cycling training and I’m thinking about going to a gym. Are those two sports compatible and how to make a good schedule of exercising? I’m an amateur cyclist and I wouldn’t like to put too much pressure on myself and we all know that both weightlifting and cycling are demanding activities.

I don’t know for sure, but I think they’re pretty compatible. I know that during winter all cyclists move to gyms and that their trainings take place there. I suppose that weightlifting can only be good for you since you’ll gain strength and cycling is based on strength. Just be careful not to exaggerate, because as you’ve said yourself, you can be very exhausted after two such strenuous training sessions. Think that you must talk to a fitness instructor and ask him to make you a proper schedule and tell you how often to practice these two activities. It’s a usual practice that if you want to improve your strength and muscle mass, you should have heavier weights with fewer repetitions.