I’ve heard that I should run or take a walk after weightlifting. Is it true? If it is, why is that necessary and how many miles should I run or walk after weightlifting? I go to gym every day in order to flex my muscles and I run occasionally, but I have a mate who always runs after weightlifting. I would also do that, but I’m too tired after my training. What do you think?

I really don’t know. The only logical idea that comes to my mind is that probably the body shouldn’t stop such strenuous exercising so suddenly and if you run or take a walk after weightlifting training, you give your body a chance to gradually relax the muscles. I think that any fitness instructor in a gym should know all about that and when you start exercising weightlifting and similar sports that demand enormous physical endeavor and should be carefully guided and conducted. So, ask your instructor. On the other hand, I don’t know how good it would be for you to run after weightlifting if you’re already feeling exhausted. Maybe the best way would be to walk home instead of taking a bus or going by car.