Hello friends :) My friends dog, three months old Golden Retriever, has hard stool for three weeks now.

When she told me this, I was really surprised – why she didn’t take him to the vet already?

She told me that this will pass, but it didn’t happen, so she called me today and asked me to help her.

To be honest, I didn’t know what to tell her since this situation lasts for three weeks now! Isn’t this too much time?

I don’t know what to tell her, so I was hoping that you can tell me some good, natural remedies for hard stool in dogs? 

It is your friend, but I have to say that this is really irresponsible! She has a dog that three weeks has hard stool, and she didn’t went to see the vet?

Omg!

Luckily, there are a lot of remedies that can help this poor dog.

Here is one.

Try coconut oil, as a food supplement. When you supplement it, remember to do it very slow. You need to keep on your mind that giving your dog too much coconut oil, because it can result in digestive and detox problems.

One teaspoon daily is totally enough, don’t force it more :)

I don’t want to repeat opinion from other people in here :/

I only can say that this trick, with coconut oil is really amazing thing. But, also, canned pumpkin is amazing thing as well, because there are so many benefits as well.

I think that we all do know that pumpkins are very rich in fiber and you can add only two tablespoons of canned pumpkin version can improve this thing in your dog. It contain a lot of dietary fiber which can absorb the excess water in your dog stool, and your dog will poop more :) This product also can help you softening the stool, so it is really amazing thing. 

Hello. Yes, coconut oil in foods and pumpkin, canned or fresh, is really good choice. Here is what you can do with pumpkin in your food. You will need half of cup of whole wheat flour, two eggs, half of cup of canned pumpkin – only use the pure pumpkin puree, avoid pumpkin chunks, ¼ cup of peanut butter, half of tablespoon of round cinnamon, ¼ cup of water and additional, flour for rolling those treats (let’s call them treats). This is something that is finish in 10 to 15 minutes. You should give it only once to your dog. Good luck! 

Hello there.

I know that some vets and some people who had experience with hard stool in dogs, will recommend you to switch your dog to canned food. It is usually recommended for dogs who usually eats only dry food.

In this case, you should switch him to the canned food for two days, just to see his reaction.

Also, you should try to give him milk. Everyone use milk as laxative, and a small bowl of milk can change this problem within a few hours.

Olive oil can also help you deal this situation. Usually, you will see results next morning :)

Yes, those are some remedies as well. I forgot to mention some more remedies for hard stool, so I came back to post one of them. :)

I was using those remedies as well when my dog had hard stool problem and they work.

For example, you can also try ginger and chicken broth. Mixing ¼ teaspoon of ginger with half of cup of chicken broth can offer your puppy another cure for this problem. If you didn’t know, ginger is known to not only aid in digestive heath but also can assist in more effective bowel movements. It is a great remedy.