Both of my Vastus Medialis are giving me spasms. Is this a sign of impending doom? They don't really bother me when I run/ride/lift, it's just that they've never done that before.

Are you doing a new lifting exercise, that may be triggering a different muscle to work that you haven't before.

Nothing that I haven't been doing for at least a month.

Does it twitch uncontrollably after you're done exercising?

My calves do that a lot, is that overexertion/neuro-excitability?

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm having problems with my right calf (the outside - lateral head of gastrocnemius?) that sounds like the same sort of thing.

It goes into spasms sometimes during running, almost like it's twitching. It comes on all of a sudden. Lately it's been doing it after running, too.

Mine does not hurt... it's just irritating. PH, is yours the same?

I don't think so but I'll try to pay more attention to when it acts up over the next few days.

Can't say that I've read or heard of it being a sign of overtraining, but the only time I had spasms like this in my legs was during college when I was piling miles and races like crazy. Mostly it was once I got really relaxed or even asleep, muscles in my quads or calves would twitch for a minute or two. This would go on and off until I'd get up on my feet again. I'll get a quiver like this very rarely as I've gotten older and when I asked the doc what it might be, he said most twitches are just that, something the body does unexplicable.

OK, I've watched it over the last few days and it just seems to be random.

Any spasms since the 11th?

Any spasms since the 11th?
Some, but not as many.