I am a 17 yr old girl and I have been having swelling in my stomach and eating a ton and the top part of my stomach is cramping. I'm a virgin so I can't be pregnant. Any suggestions on what it may be?

Hi there! An abdominal swelling is a common condition and may be due to overeating, weight gain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), contraceptive pill or constipation. Very often abdominal swelling is caused by intestinal gas as a result of a sudden increase in fiber such as vegetables and fruit. Eating fatty, salty or processed foods and drinking carbonated drinks or too much alcohol can also lead to a stomach bloating. Sometimes swallowing air unconsciously, too little protein in the diet, food allergies or being lactose intolerant may cause a puffy stomach. However, abdominal swelling may also be the result of a more serious illness that causes intestinal inflammation or obstruction, but we are not going to think in that way. The best way to deal with abdominal swelling is by eliminating certain foods from your diet, such as beans. Ginger is one of the most well known herbs and is very effective for the digestive system, it boosts digestive fluids and neutralizes acid while also reducing symptoms of indigestion, flatulence and nausea. Fennel and mint could help too. If you ask me, this looks like premenstrual syndrome. I have exactly the same problem every month for couple of days. I hope this will help you.

thank you i think its just gas but its always swelled up so i think its just eating out to much and stuff but i think i may go to the doctor tomorrow.