i have had some weird symptoms on and off lately and i am afraid this is a serious problem! i am a teen girl and i have noticed these symptoms::: back pain, abdominal enlargement(mainly after eating), enlargement of lower abdomen(pelvic area), something as a swelling under ribs( more on left side, what is that?), urinary symptoms (foul smell, frequent urination, swelling of vulva, redness), bowel symptoms(sounds, gas, diarrhea a few days ago and now constapation) and i have missed two periods! i am not sexually active, i do not know what this is but it is getting annoying, i have had these symptoms and cold symptoms for a few weeks and i am worried, i hope someone knows what this is and what i can do about it! please help..

everyone please respond, thanks to all for listening and answering!!!

need answer soon!

You could have a kidney infection, or even irritible bowel disease... After you eat it is normal to feel like your stomach is expanding, because that is what happens. YOU COULD even have PCOS, or polycystic ovarian disease..Cysts happen..
It would be a great idea to see a doctor though. Even without insurance, Places like Planned PARENTHOOD give low cost and free gynecological care to women..

You do need to be seen.

thank you for that advice.. i think i might have a kidney infection because there seems to be enlargement around my lower ribs and i have back pain in that area. i think this is where your kidneys are located right? well i still have the symptoms of abdominal swelling after eating, frequent urination, and bowel problems, but i am just checking that there isnt another cause for these symptoms. I am going to try to visit a doctor soon because i have not had the chance in the past few weeks, but i was just wondering about a few things:

is this a serious condition, should i be worried?

what is the treatment? what can i do myself?

are there any other problems that could be causing these symptoms besides a kidney infection?

what causes this infection? will i get them frequently?

well thanks for helping please respond to my new message thank you!!

PCOS OR Polycystic ovary disease, is a condition where you have an unusually large ocurrence of cysts..These are benign, but they can cause you to feel the swelling...

Kidney infections NEED ANTIBIOTICS, no you cannot treat this on your own.

PCOS, the treatment is usually birth control pills... This shrink cysts and regulate your menstrual cycle.

YOU DO NOT need parental consent for birth control services or to be seen at a doctor or planned parenthood =)

i do not really understand what PCOS is , but i do not think this is what i am experiencing. I am young and recently started having my periods so i am not surprised that they are not regular(just a reminder i am not sexually active). my symptoms make me believe that i have a urinary or digestive problem. an infection or something! i have never had any of these symptoms before so i think i just got something from bacteria. MY symptoms still are abdominal swelling after eating, frequent urination, and back pain. I have notice redness and swelling of vulva and a yellowish clumpy discharge. I have a few red bumps around my body, they dont hurt they are just there. i also have noticed swelling in my hands and feet and enlargement around my lower ribs (is this my KIDNEYS), i have noticed sounds in my stomach and bowel problems, but it seems to be getting better. i am going to visit a doctor and it will not be a problem!!! but now i think i either have a urinary/kidney infection or something like irritable bowel syndrome...

if i am wrong please tell me, but i think it is one of the two from what i have learned. thanks for the advice about PCOS, but i dont think my condition links to that.

hope i am better soon...

With the wierd discharge, it definately does not sound like PCOS..

I do hope you find answers very soon.

that is what i thought but i was just checking..

so this is probably a digestive or urinary problem? an infection or something?

i forgot to say this before, but.... my main symptom is swelling of vulva and lower abdomen area, A LOT of abdominal enlargement after eating and this usually goes away over time, night, and visiting the bathroom helps. as for the discharge it is weird, the frequent urination isnt that often just a bit more than usual. Back pain is worse at times and almost not there at other times. i do not know if i have a fever, but at times i feel hot and then other times i am shivering.. i still have the other symptoms, but that is the main thing and i am just not sure what this is anymore. it is sorta worrying and scaring me, but i am just hoping it is not anything really bad.

would someone tell me all the possible things that could be causing these symptoms.. any advice will help

I am actually a member of the healthcare community, I work at an abortion clinic and for Planned parenthood.

Swelling of Vulva with a clumpy discharge can be a sign of BV, or bacterial vaginosis. It can also be a yeast infection, or possibly Trichonmonasis...Which is another infection.

It sounds like you could have MORE than one thing going on..TRULY only a doctor visit can tell you, as I cannot do lab work via the internet.

ok i plan to visit a doctor soon.. but are you saying that i could have a bladder/ kidney infection or vaginal infection and another problem such as IBS. Could an infection triggered a disorder that i have always had?, but i am just now noticing it. Is it worse to have two things going on at once or does it just mean more symptoms and more treatment???

one other thing..

today i noticed that my bladder area would be really enlarged but this was gone after urination, except for a little swollen area. it seems that my vulva and the area around it is swollen and back up of urine makes it worse. i do not know if it means anything, but i thought i would mention it just in case.

thank you for the advice.. it has helped a lot!

Nothing would have made any of your other conditions worsen, but when we feel ill we are more likely to notice things.