For the past year I have had unexplained stomach problems. I have always had very severe stomach pains - and by that I mean can't walk and scream out loud in pain - and I thought that they were just bad gas pains. They would usually come on after eating, but not always. One week I noticed myself starting to get bloated and then overnight it seemed like I was so bloated that I looked 6 months pregnant. My pains were coming on much more often and lasted a lot longer.
I went to my Dr. who was amazed and concerned about my bloating. I am 5' tall and have always been thin and athletic and to see me looking 6 months pregnant and put on 30lbs in one month was very strange. I had a CAT scan done, x-ray, ultrasound, blood work, and a colonoscopy and nothing showed irregular. I was felt very depressed and defeated.

MY SOLUTION!

When you have a colonoscopy, you don't eat for pretty much 2 days. My stomach was always smaller in the mornings and as I ate and drank I would bloat back up by mid-morning. After not eating for 2 days, I was 95% back to normal. So I started watching EVERYTHING that I ate. First, I ate some soup, and nothing happened. I had some crackers, and a little bit of chicken and I was fine. Then, I ate 2 cups of yogurt with granola. Within 30 min. my stomach was bloated right back up. My daily routine over the last few months always consisted of Cereal in the morning, Yogurt for lunch, and dinner. What I was eating, was making me sick. I am lactose intolerant.

If you are having this problem, you may not be lactose intolerant, BUT if you can, try not eating for a day and see if your stomach bloating and pain stops. If it does start keeping track of EVERYTHING you eat/drink. Look at your stomach before you eat something and after. Scale your pain from 1-10. See if you can pinpoint what makes it worse and look at the ingredients to what you are eating. See if there is a pattern. You could have irritable bowel, be Gluten Intolerant, Lactose Intolerant, or just be bothered by some foods.

Also, my stomach is still sensitive to a lot of things it seems like so I eat very small meals and I don't eat past 6 o'clock. That gives my stomach enough time to digest before I go to bed, so I am not in pain in the morning. I have been THRILLED with the results that I have had. No doctor could help me; I just listened to my body carefully. Some people as they get older don't digest certain things as well as they used to. You may not have enough of the right enzymes. Even if you aren't lactose intolerant, try eating a meal of healthy meats and fruits and vegetables only. I think that you will be surprised at how you feel in a few weeks. Also remember, SMALL MEALS AND DON'T EAT LATE!

I hope this helps...

Hey Samantha, I'm Bradley. My wife has also felt a sharp pain in the last ten days in her abdominal region, on the right side under her ribs. I was just wondering what could that be? She doesn't have a bloated stomach or anything like that, just a severe pain there. What should she do? Should I go with her to have colonoscopy or endoscopy? I think, if  there is no other solution, she needs to do a full body examination as well as blood tests and stool examination. Is it possible that this is just an allergic reaction or appendix? Please answer. 

thanks i will try that the bloat is so sever that i look 6 months preg...have eliminated wheat milk nd dairy and sugar...i find the small meals are better,,,,very frustrated and digusted...have you tried any supplements...peppermint oil doesnt do much for me.....help thanks

thanks, its very helpfil.

Well, I know that certain home remedies like ginger are good for stomach aches, not sure if they would work on something like this. Frankly, I'm surprised the doctors haven't tried to give you anything yet, always seem eager enough to take my money...

I am so tired of a huge bloated stomach and abdominal pain. I cant life a normal life. I have stopped all dairy and gluten products and dont eat sugar. I am taken digestive enzymes, charcoal, gas-ex, fennel, peppermint and any combination thereof. My docs have run a bunch of tests and nothing and just shrug theig shoulders.

Does this anyone have any help??

I was bloated for it felt like eternity, but was almost 3 years of constant severe and painful bloating. I would bloat up no matter what I ate or drank and even when I didn't. I did my research like you are doing now and I found out that my condition was a Candida Overgrowth Infection. We all carry the bacterium and sometimes it gets out of hand and can infect throughout our bodies. No doctor knew what I had and like iamzakaria say's so eager to take my money with no diagnosis.

But anyway, I started a purely natural with food yeast infection cure program and within the first day I noticed my pain and bloating diminishing and with in 2 weeks my bloating and pain was gone all together. I could once again fit into my clothes. 

Good luck!

Hi i have a simil;ar problem and look 6mths pregnant most of the time. I also feel irritated and lazy and just sleep cause the feeling and pain is uncomfortable. what exactly is the program that you are on and how does it work ('purely natural with food yeast infection cure program')

was wondering if you found what ailed you. Its weird seems to happen to people immediately after quitting smoking. I'm in mega pain and hoping to find out how to fix this