Hi, my sister is 37 years old and she is suffering from Raynaud’s disease for 7 years. Till now she is doing just fine and I can say that she don’t have some big problems but I would like to know something more about dangers of chronic Raynaud’s. Thanx.

Hi, I am also suffering from Raynaud's disease for a long time and first of all I would like to say that there your sister doesn't have to experience any severe problems no matter how long she has Raynaud's disease. Usual bad effects are ulcers which are developing when there is no blood supply to the part of the skin. Also in the same way gangrene can be developed. However if something like this happen she need to consult her doctor.

Hello there filia,

Since your sister has been suffering from Raynaud’s for seven years I believe that she is very well informed about all the bad things that can happen to her. You are aware of the fact that this is autoimmune disorder and that her body is not able to recognize unhealthy from healthy tissue.

Unfortunately there are several of complications which can occur during this condition and it is best to take the prescribed therapy to avoid all sorts of complications such as ulcers and gangrene because this can be really nasty and it can also endanger her life.

It is great to see that you take care of your sister and try to keep with the support you are giving to her.