Hi, I am interested in some information. I am 23 years old and for the past few years I have been suffering from cold fingers and toes. I have always assumed that it is because of my bad circulation. But lately I have started to feel serious difficulties and pains. My hands become pale when the cold began. My friend told me that it could be some disease called raynaud's phenomena. His mother has it. Can you tell me could it be true, and something more about this disease?

Raynaud's phenomena are an autoimmune disease. For some unknown reason your blood vessels became hyperactive and they go into spasm which can cause severe pains and whitening of hands. It can affect women in they early 20s. Your symptoms look like you have it but you must to visit doctor to be sure. It is not serious condition if there are no complications.