Hi, I am a thirty two years old woman. I have always been sensitive to cold. The parts of my body that are especially influenced are fingertips. They, when presented to cold, become numb and white. I went to see a doctor and he told me that I have Raynaud's disease. A friend of mine told me that there are gloves that I can use so that the symptoms would be diminished. Are there special gloves for Raynaud's?

Hi, Raynaud's disease is a very strange condition. It is a kind of circulation disorder. The distinctiveness of it is the inability of the organism to supply sufficient amount of blood to certain body parts such as finger tips. As a result, symptoms like the ones you have occur. Your friend is right. There are special, Raynaud's gloves that can improve your state. They decrease the number and severity of attacks of Raynaud's disease. These gloves recover microcirculation in the hands and fingertips. There are several manufacturers of Raynaud's gloves. The best thing that you can do is talk to your doctor about it. Ask him for a recommendation. Naturally, you should listen to him and follow his orders.