Hello! My friend has a son. He is ten years old and he is very good child with some problems with shyness. But, my friend thinks his son’s problems are much more severe. He took him to behavior specialist since he was told his son has specific child behavioral problem. I think they are all exaggerating. What are specific child behavioral problems?

Hello! There are many problems that can be classified into the group of specific child behavioral problems such as shyness, disruptive behavior problem, fears, sibling rivalry, lying and stealing, temper tantrums, poor self image and others. The first step is effective diagnosis and treatment by a specialist with experience in child disorders. Shyness in kids is sometimes just a variation of temperament. It's important to distinguish between shyness and social phobia.