Hi. I need some work out and my friend told me to do pull ups. What are pull ups for? What to do? How to make the proper pull up?

Hi. Pull ups will build your pull up muscles, the muscles of your back, biceps and forearms. You need to work out at least three times a week. Here is what I do to make a proper pull up: I grab the pull up bar and pull upward until my chin is over the bar. Then I complete the pull up by moving to the hanging position. If you can`t do pull ups, try negatives, or so called half pull ups.
Just get your chin over the bar by standing on something. Then lower yourself down. Keep your feet up for five seconds.

watch for the bar! if you have like fat bar you probably aren't going to do much or less than five if you are a starter but if you take a smaller bar there is a chance you could do ten easily good luck