the PT who watched me run on the treadmill last week, from behind, said that my right leg had significant midline crossover. who knew? then she had to explain what that meant, being i land my right foot left of the imaginary center line of my body, only my right foot which is the side of all my injuries.

i need to begin a strengthening program to change the crossover to a more straightforward footstrike.

has anyone else ever been made aware of this midline striking thing?

my form sucks!

Huh. No, I didn't know something like that could cause problems. I know that I walk with a crossover like you're describing - perhaps that carries over to running as well. I do know from general self-observation that I am a forefoot striker on my left, but a heel striker on the right. Messed up.

So what strengthening exercises were you told to do? Which specific muscle groups are you supposed to target?

hip ab/adductor muscles. i use a hip machine at the PT place but you can do the same thing at home with rubber bands.

Seeing as how I kick myself, I guess I do that too. Hmmm. So, reason #7865289 that I need to spend more time in the gym.

Maybe by kicking yourself, you're deflecting your foot back to where it's supposed to be... Just trying to be helpful. :wiggle: But seriously - I've noticed that I do kick myself with my right foot. That's the same one that I heel strike with. I have no idea how to fix it, or even if it needs to be fixed, as I haven't sustained any injuries to date.

the inside of my left ankle bone would constantly be in the line of fire, even when running on a treadmill. i have kicked it hard enough to have drawn blood a few times :umno:

time to straighten up and run right RR!

pretty sure I do the same. I underpronate only with my right foot. On a sloppy day, the inside of my left calf is full of mud from my right shoe. I've always wondered if it was from the very beginning of my running days (on a track) where you run counter-clockwise???? I swing my right arm out also.....people can not run on my right side of they get an elbow to the ribs. My old coach on track days use to yell "quit rocking those babies, they're grown now."

When I ran the 400 in high school, it's sad, but we practice running on a straight line. It was suppose to keep us tighter to the line keeping the distance shorter. :|

I did notice that my abductors have become very weak. (I can only lift 1/3 or what i did 2 years ago).