OK, it was a line from old school.

But, anyone ever give a thought to "streaking"? Not as in naked, but as in how many days you can run in a row.

I have been kicking this around. I am extremely unmotivated, cause I know I can't train for a marathon, and I don't have much time to do very much good training.

So, I'm thinking a good streak is in order here. I have a 5K coming up in a week, which will definately be a personal worst for me.

I plan on running a few times this weekend, and a couple of times next week, then, after the 5K....starting a streak...

It's not going to be anything fancy...maybe only a mile or two a day in the beginning.

I've heard of others doing this, and to be honest, I always thought they were crazy, because I am someone who loves his days off. But.... maybe this will help my motivation. :shrug:

Any thoughts?

Anyone wanna join me?

No thanks.

I would but I'm trying to build my mileage slowly and need the off days.

Just thinking about missing my days off causes my legs to start hurting. More power to you and have fun.

Party Pooper!

You got a "minimum" in mind?

HELL no. It's bad enough I only get one day off a week from training. A body needs recovery. I'm with PB on this one.

You got a "minimum" in mind?
nope. just gonna start, and see how far I can go. Could be kinda fun.

What is wrong with everybody!!! Not that running every day is right for everyone, but most people would be just fine with it once they worked up to it. In fact many relative novices would have no problems if they kept the daily mileage short to start with. My legs hurt if I miss a couple days! The easy runs keep things loose and working a lot better than taking a day off for me.

I think I'm at 47 days right now, a fact I just noticed today. That is a very good streak for me. My longest ever is 100 days, although my daily mileage was often very low. In fact I never topped 30 mpw during that 100 day stretch.

There is a great motivational advantage to getting a streak going. One is simply because you don't want to break the streak. However, even if the streak never gets very far, planning to run 7 days a week helps prevent an off day from turning into two, then three, and then a week. People will miss a day thinking they will make it up on their off day, then that doesn't happen, and maybe they miss more days. Consistency is the greatest factor in running success. Establishing a solid routine, even if every run is short is a lot better than a few scattered good runs.

My longest streak is 11 days of rides, trainer/outdoors. Which turned out to be too much for me. Now I try to take at least 1-2 days off a week, usually during the week sometime.

When I ran, I ran 5 days in a row (M-F) and lifted on Saturdays. I made it a rule to try and take at least one complete day off from workouts. It does a body good.

If you're willing to count any training as streaking, then I can probably go for a good bit. If you only count running though, I probably top out at 14 days.

If you count running naked through public parks, I'm only good for about 30 days.

It has been a horrible training week, but I still managed to get out there every day. Up to 54 days in a row total now, probably my second longest streak ever.