Ok, so during the training/racing season i developed a Plantars wart just off the heel pressure point on my right foot. since it was off the pressure point i was not concerned and did nothing for it. now during the off season i decided to do something for it.

"back in da day" i had several on one foot and they did a liquid nitrogen freeze, and then scrape it off. was agonizing i thought. Plus my wife (now Ex) was wielding the scalpel. Now they have some pads that are chemically impregnated to slowly wear it away. So i bought a box of these things and put one on. Hmmmm there is a tingle from it so i guess it's doing something.

anyone else with stories regarding either method??

hmmm, i had one back in high school and the doctor applied acid....it was pain free and took like a minutes.

I had several bad cases that had to be cut out. I have another wart that keeps coming back after using the pads. Even after the doc froze it. I wonder if he has a warrenty Anyway, it helps to soak in hot water before you put it on. The medicine gets absorbed better.

ok, don't laugh -ANYONE.

i recently read that putting a piece of duct tape over a wart for days makes it go away???

i've had plantar warts on both soles of my feet. i found one doctor at U Pitt who used radiation (now illegal) to zap it - so good. the others had to be cut out and - that sucked- big time.

i'd try the duct tape. :umno:

I use duct tape instead of socks, and I've never had a wart on my feet.

ok, don't laugh -ANYONE.
Sorry, I did. I had one between my pinky toe and "ring" toe. Was so painful I couldn't walk right for a while. It was in the middle of fall racing season so I wasn't willing to go "under the knife". Instead used a regimen of Compound W and flexible fabric bandages. It slowly peeled itself off. Time consuming, but cheap, easy, and effective.

so i thought it had gone away now. 4 days of treatment and my heel stopped hurting. GOOD!! right?? OOOPS wrong

i noticed a big loose callous there and decided it of course had to go away, no room in my skate for that thing. well i go to remove it and a small circle refused to peel away. leaving an interresting small hole and a layer of skin in the middle of a depression. i stood up and sure enough the twinge was there again. so back onto the pads. this is annoying me now :x

Most of the OTC remedies state that you need to use them for up to 12 weeks for them to be effective. And, even the prescription stuff and freezing, and Dr. office stuff doesn't necessarily mean that the wart won't come back.

Did a search for plantar's warts and was suprised by all the info.