Hello. I tied my tubes last day. I am feeling OK now, maybe because I still feel some effects of anesthesia but I am good now. Anyway, my doctors and my friends told me that I will be in pain during my recovery process. What this means, how big that pain can be?

Doctors told me that they will let me go home for three days because I am recovering good so far, but they also told me that I need to rest for some time. 

What can I expect during post op from getting my tubes tied?

Tnx in advance. 

Hey Wanna do,

You shouldn't really expect much, it is actually not that common to stay in the hospital for three days after you had tubal ligation surgery, you are usually allowed to go home just a couple of hours after the procedure is over but if the doctor says that you should stay in the hospital, then you should stay in the hospital. People don't usually have any complications and the only side effect that they might have are headaches, and there might be this strange feeling while you are having sex, something like tingling, but that only happens in the first couple of weeks after the procedure was done.

You will be fine, most women require no longer than 2 weeks in order to get their lives back as they were before the surgery, meaning that you will be able to get back to your everyday routines without being unable to do some things. It is an easiest recovery ever, you won't even feel like you had some surgery done but anyway, just be careful for the first two weeks time, especially about your intimate area, and you will be just fine. You should probably avoid having intercourse during these first two weeks, it's not a must do thing but I would recommend that.

My older sister had her tubes tied, I was with her most of the time because she was afraid even though she knew everything about the procedure before she did it. 

The doctors let her go home something like 3-4 hours after the surgery and they actually told her that she can go back to her everyday activities the same day if she wants to. Well, she didn't really do that, she took the whole day to rest, she said that it was because of the anesthesia and I think she was right, but at the very next day everything was back to normal.

Yeah, it should be better for you if you would take a break from doing certain things for a week or something. I mean, you still had a surgery so just give your body some time to adjust to these new changes, make it a week or so. Once you feel like you can get back to whatever you do everyday, then you can simply go back to as things were before the surgery. If you happen to have any weird feelings or anything that could be a side effect of tubal ligation, you should contact your doctor as soon as you can.

Hi there. It's been 12 days since I have done this procedure. I don't know what to tell you. I am OK, but I think that I still feel some kind of pain. Is it really possible that I am not recovered from this procedure yet? It seems funny to all of my friends and my doctor is telling me that I am a hypochondriac. Maybe I am, maybe I am just scared, but I don't believe that I imagine that I am in pain. I do have headaches and sometimes I can't sleep during the night because they are so strong. I don't know is this just one of the side - effects that can occur, but I am feeling weird...Just weird.

Those are two weeks after the surgery and that is normal that you are still in pain. Headaches are also a normal part of this. I think that you should not be that scared and instead of worrying, you should try to relax a little bit. I am sure that you think about this too much and that is what is bothering you. 

Ask your doctor to prescribe  acetaminophen for you, you can take it and very soon you will see that you are getting much better.

But again,I repeat you should not be that scared because some things such as headaches are normal part of your recovering process.

Good luck. 

Hey darling. You really need a support here! I know that sometimes you feel like doctors don't have any type of feelings for their patients, but you see - they need to explain to us all the time that there is nothing wrong with us. Anyway, I did this procedure as well. I just can't describe you what type of abdominal pain I had back then. It lasted for more than 12 hours. Thank God, I was in hospital and doctors were around me. They tried to explain to me that this is a normal thing, but still, I was scared. You should ask your doctor to check you again and if everything is OK, you should ask him to prescribe some medications for you. You will be better after one week, I am sure. Nice recovery!