Hello! My son is fourteen months old. I have breast fed him till his twelfth month which means I haven’t breast fed him last two months. He eats fresh food and he is healthy and strong child. But my problem is I am still lactating. I know I can’t stop lactating at once but I think this is not normal. I have checked my prolactin levels and they are OK. What else could it be?

Hello! Prolactin in pregnant women increases 10 to 20 times, which helps make breast milk. After the baby is born, prolactin stays high if a mother is breast-feeding and goes back to normal after the breast-feeding is over. If your test showed normal prolactin levels there is no reason to worry. If your breasts are getting a lot of stimulation while making love this could also be the reason of continued lactating. Maybe you should try to leave them alone for some time in order to help them to settle down. If the problem persists contact your gynecologist.