I have constant leakage from my nose that is not the substance that comes out of your nose when you have a cold. My eyes are also watery all the time. I am always wiping my eyes. I had brain surgery 5 years ago to remove a brain tumor and was wondering if whatever they did in my head may have caused this. It started happening after the removal of the meningioma and has gotten progressively worse. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Congratulations on five years of health after your surgery. This, as you know, was major, major surgery; very delicate surgery. This problem you're having is probably related. It doesn't sound life=threatening, and that's the good news. However, even though it has been 5 years, I suggest that you go back to the same surgeon who completed the procedure. Share your symptoms. Perhaps this was to be expected. He/she is the only one that can correctly answer the question or investigate this because he/she knows the particulars of the procedure and what you, personally, should have expected as a result of your surgical outcome. Do it soon, to put your mind at ease...We'd like to know what he says and how you are doing.

Your runny nose may feel like a leaky faucet, but it's actually a perfect piece of self-correcting plumbing.

Nasal drainage is your body's way of washing out the nose. The problem could be an allergen or a cold virus, and your body is simply trying to get rid of it by flushing your nose with a fluid composed of proteins, salt water and antibodies. A nasal condition called vasomotor rhinitis can sometimes produce persistent nasal congestion and postnasal drip, along with sneezing and an occasional runny nose.