I regularly suffer from seasonal allergies and am also slightly lactose intolerant. Last night, I suddenly felt very tired and was experiencing shortness of breath, anxiety, and tingly, light arms and hands. I think it was the first time I had felt that way, and on top of that I already had a stuffy nose from allergies. There was NO chest pain, but my heart rate was a bit accelerated. I was starting to panic, which may have made things even worse. I only began to feel slightly better when I stood up and moved my arms around, which also eliminated the tingly feeling in my arms. What could have caused this? My husband and I ate the same thing for dinner, and we had just eaten cake and ice cream shortly before my symptoms. I slept ok, but started to feel the same way this morning, only not as extreme. If this matters, we've been eating out a lot. I am not even close to being overweight, but I don't exercise as much as I should. I also feel like there's mucus in my throat. I know this isn't a doctor's office, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

Have you ever taken any of the anti-allergy medication? If you did, did they help you? What you describe happening to you sounds to me a lot like a anxiety attack, especially if you haven’t had any other physical symptoms after this, like strange sensations, rash or problems with breathing and digestion. You say this happened shortly after you eating cake and ice cream, they of course are the obvious suspects, but symptoms you describe don’t really sound like allergy, unless there is some cause for it that you still don’t know about.. Have you felt anything even slightly odd while you were eating?