Since about the start of 2011 I have developed some strange symptoms. I was smoking marijuana and remember the sore throat somewhat being induced by it but it went away shortly after. I had my wisdom teeth removed as well a few weeks ago and it fixed the problem, or so I thought. I ended up smoking again 1 week after the surgery when the doctor had said it was okay, instantly the sore throat came back and hasn't gone away (I officially quit smoking anything or doing marijuana for good once it came back after smoking.) It's been kind of off and on but I notice it quite a bit.

Secondly on and off but more so lately I have noticed numbness in my right arm and right thumb, also rubbing the back of my triceps by the elbow causes a tingling sensation. I am on the computer a lot and play instruments a lot so realize this could be a cause to carpal tunnel, I hope it's nothing but at least if that I wont be too worried. Noticed some numbness in my right food very occasionally..

What makes this super hard is over this time I have been having massive panic attacks as well.. I don't know if they contribute to what I am feeling and that is just it, or if these symptoms are causing the anxiety. Sometimes I am completely fine then the symptoms occur and then I get hit with an anxiety attack.

All this happening in the last month is starting to make me feel slightly insane, don't have much money but setting up an appointment with a doctor because I am starting to get really worried. I have been constantly searching the web of symptoms but haven't found anything that matches it all. It's really starting to get somewhat scary for me and can't stop worrying about it being or becoming something quite serious, anyone have any ideas? :-(

Well you could maybe try staying off marijuana for a while, just to see if you'll get better, if you do then you'll know the cause. Or maybe you were getting sick before or while smoking outside when it was cold or windy...There are many possible causes of numbness: remaining in the same seated or standing position for a long time, injury to a nerve, pressure on the spinal nerves, abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body, lack of vitamin B, etc.

I do spend a lot of time on the computer. I am 20 years old and have done a lot of stupid sh*t while younger skateboarding or just messing with friends. I decided to fully quit marijuana because if for some reason it was the cause it would be a waste. Also because whenever I do it I fear I will have another anxiety attack like I started having, and they are especially worse while intoxicated. I am setting up a doctors appointment for peace of mind and if there is a more serious issue to get it handled as soon as possible.

I really hope it's something simple and I am spending all this time worrying for nothing. I would like to get back to my life, so to speak.

Thank you for your response, it's nice to have some ideas of what it could be.

Hey! Good decision! As for your anxiety attacks, marijuana can produce paranoia...it has the ability to change your brain's perception of the world. So you don't really need that :-D Good luck!

Sounds like a case of Bronchitis maybe but I wouldn't take my word on that. I'd go see a doctor perhaps get an x-ray and explain the situation in detail like you just did. Anxiety is completely normal and can be easily linked to stress related problems. Likewise many other symptoms can be linked to stress related problems.

Smoking Cigarettes in general does a lot of stuff the body. For example there seems to be connection to smoking and enlarged or slightly more noticeable hair follicles. Don't worry most ppl do not notice them we all have them and its completely normal. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/index.htm

^Here is also an excellent source of what else smoking does to you.