I am so confused….my husband says that I should go and do Echocardiogram. He says:” That is most precise ultrasound…” and than my mom calls and says:” No thallium stress test is better…” Maybe they are both right, I am not sure. What can you tell me about echocardiogram and what about thallium stress test? As I know they are quite different, am I right?

Listen you should make decision on your own. I know that mom vs husband thing. Here is some information. Echocardiogram is safe and painless ultrasound test. Your doctor can see: size and shape of the heart, pumping efficiency of the heart, valve abnormalities and other uses. It works like sonar, waves are transmitted into the chest and the reflection of the waves off the various parts of the heart is analyzed by sophisticated equipment. Well that will be short description.
And thallium stress test is a type of nuclear scanning test or myocardial perfusion imaging test. It shows how blood flows to the heart muscle. It is useful to determine: extent of coronary artery blockage, causes of chest pain, effectiveness of cardiac procedures, prognosis of patients who’ve suffered heart attack….So it really depends of your diagnose or symptoms what to do.