Can you explain menstrual cycle for me, please? What happens to a zygote in menstruation?
My mother tried to explain how things work but I did not catch everything since I started bleeding first and then she told me about the period, which I didn’t know it existed at all. I am ashamed to ask her again and I did try to read on it but there is too much info and I couldn’t get everything. Thank you

Hi! You probably got some things wrong, which is normal because you were so confused seeing blood coming out. My mother did tell me about menstruation and I still panicked when I saw the blood. Here’s the story. Woman’s ovaries produce an egg while man’s testicles produce sperm. Sperm contains spermatozoids that are supposed to meet an egg in order to fertilize it. An egg is produced once a month during ovulation while spermatozoids every time a man ejaculates. Anyway, during ovulation in the woman’s uterus a lining is being formed for a fertilized egg to be accepted, so it could grow into a new individual ie a baby. A zygote is what is made when a released woman’s egg and a spermatozoid meet. This formation is called Zygote. Menstruation occurs when zygote is not formed i.e. when fertilization doesn’t occur. So, if zygote is created, it means that pregnancy occurred and there would be no menstruation because you would be pregnant. I hope you understood this. I tried as best I could.

Very true!

BUT there are also special pills women can take that will stop ovulation, so that pregnancy will not happen. Having sex will cause pregnancy, but you can take pills and use special devices to prevent pregnancy.

There are NO zygotes IN Menstruation, because the EGG was not fertilized by sex...

Icebreaker wrote:

Very true!

Thank u so much for the info.

I'm a girl with irregular periods, i.e., my cycle may occur regularly every 30 days or sometimes gets delayed for 1 & 1/2 month or 2.

Now if i become pregnnt how would i know it? Is there any prelimnary tests that we can do from home?

Need advice, kindly post the reply, which would be really helpful to me.

Thank you!