Hi, I'm 28 years old and I have a question about implantation. I'm married for 6 months now and me and my husband are trying to have a child. We have tried during my last ovulation and I don’t know if it was successful. I heard that I should feel implantation cramping about 7 days after the ovulation if I'm pregnant but I didn’t feel anything. Does this mean that we have failed once again?

Implantation is a process that happens when a zygote or recently fertilized egg cell gets attached to the wall of the uterus and starts going deeper into the uterus destroying and literally eating away the tissue underneath itself until it reaches blood vessels. The moment of contact between mothers blood and the fertilized egg is marked by implantation bleeding and in few cases slight cramping. However these symptoms can be missing, many women don’t even have bleeding and implantation cramping is very rare, especially if that is your first pregnancy. Cramping happens because the uterus and the egg are releasing some vasoactive substances that are intended to make implantation possible and later to stop the further bleeding, and it is totally normal, if you experience it at all. So the fact that you didn’t have implantation cramping doesn’t mean that you’re not pregnant. To be sure if you’re pregnant or not you should get examined by a professional gynecologist or you can even take a home pregnancy test. Good luck.