Hey all,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and we found out a few days ago. My fiancee always told me that the day I found out I was pregnant he would put his cigarettes down. Well, I should have realized that every smoker says that. Everytime he lights up I look at him and ask him why he's smoking and when he's going to quit, and he just says.. give me time. I know from experience there's no such thing as "time" when you wanna quit. You do or you don't. I smoked right along with him before we found out... and I havent touched one since. Do I need to print out a sheet of facts for him on the effects secondhand smoke can have on our child? Thanks. :-(

hi Chicklet, I have the same issue with my fiancee'. He doesn't realize how much harder it makes for me to quit and stay that way when he's smoking around me. So even though it is cold outside he is banished to the garage if he wants his nicotine. Stay on him about it, expect flack it is going to happen, but do what you can to get him to smoke somewhere else if he is going to keep doing it. Eventually, if he doesn't quit, he will create a habit and not smoke around you and the baby. Hope this helps.

He's already doing very well with it. I've been nagging and counting his cigarettes and he's been doing good about smoking out of the room. I think he can see the impact it has now... thanks,. and wish me luck!

Keep it up! I wish you all the best! Have a healthy and safe pregnancy!

Make sure he doesn't smoke in the house, the chemicals/particles of them stay in the house and fabrics.

didn't know that... Right now he goes into the living room and smokes out of the glass sliding door. In the morning he's been smoking in the bathroom before I get up. hah.