hey guys i need help with something.. I had been addicted to opiates for about 4 years...In 2005 i went into rehab and I had been clean for about a year and a half.. but recently i had started taking suboxone a 2-3 times a week for about 2 and half months. On average, i would take 1 8mg pill on tuesday, wed, thursday, than stop until next week. However last night i started feeling withdrawals, and it scared the hell out of me. I do not want to go through this again, and want to know the best course of action. The last time i used was 30 mg of hydrocodone on sunday november 25th. I'm wondering if i should get a few suboxones to taper down or if i should just stick it out? How long will i be feeling like this for ? If someone could help id really appreciate it, im in school and i have finals coming up and I can not screw up again. Please help thanks

Since you're going to school, you most likely have a psychiatrist on campus that you can see for free. Make an appointment.

Incorporate in your daily routine what helped you rehab. Also, what calms you and helps you now? Do you listen to nice music? Do you have a friend that listens? Do you pray or read the Bible? Anything that you find inspirational could really help you.

Good for you for realizing that you need to take care of this problem before it gets out of control. Many would not do that. Keep it up. You did it once, you can do it again.

I goto a community college so I dont have a psychiatrist i can see for free. I know what I need to do as far as getting back into recovery goes, but I just need to know how long these withdrawals will last and whether I should taper down, or just stick it out? Last time i used was sunday the 25th, and i used 30 mg of hydrocodone. Thank you for the reply it is really appreciated

Hey guys, I bought two suboxone 8 mg pills today. I took 8 mg this evening and here is my plan to taper:
Today (11/27)- took 8 mg
Wed. 11/28 - nothing
Thurs. 11/29 - 2 mg
fri. 11/30 - nothing
sat. 12/1 - 2 mg
sun. 12/2 - nothing
mon. 12/3 - 2mg
tuesday 12/4 - nothing
wed. 12/5 - 1 mg
thurs. 12/6 - 1mg

Any feed back on this course of action?
Again, i have been taking 8mg a day 2-4 times a week for the last approximately 3 months. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much guys. I just want to get this over with before everything spins out of control...Everything is going good for me for the first time, im doing well in school, i have an amazing gf, and i have friends who care about me. I cant screw this up again.

Try calling an addiction help hotline. Call the doctor who prescribed it and tell them what's been going on.

Your doctor is really the only person who can safely tell you what to do. I can't tell you about withdrawals, I can only suggest that you make the calls and stay strong by doing the things that are necessary for you.

Be sure to call your doctor ASAP. I also strongly suggest the addiction hotline.

a doctor did not perscribe it...re read the post.. i said i bought 2 pills yesterday, plus i dont have a doctor..I appreciate the replys, but again i am not looking for therapeutic help, i know where to get that. I need to know if the plan i have to taper will work, so if anyone has experience with successfully tapering off suboxone, please let me know. I have way too much stuff going on to be in withdrawals.

ps. almost all doctors have no idea as to the right way to taper off suboxone, they allmost always ween you off too fast, leaving you in withdrawals.

ive been on subs for 2 years and used hard on opiates for5 years now im 20 and started at 15,i went to the er and the gave me chlonodine,0.1 mg,,it is a blood pressures medicine but it supose to help the recepters in your brain stay full of dopimien,when you with drawl you loose all your dopimean and have no feeling,just depression and hurt,but the chlonodine helps your brain,,your gonna have body pain but nothing compered to quiting straight off of it.good luck with your recovery and your life :$ thats what i look like when im out of pills i run out early b/c i take more then perscribed

Getting off suboxone is not as difficult or as painful as some people maintain - here is a system that worked for me and subsequently many of my friends. The first rule is that you do it very very slowly - suboxone can linger in your system for months - yes months - so when you reduce dosages stay on that dosage for at least 1-2 months to allow you system to adjust. You have to fully adjust to each new dose before you reduce to the next lower dose e.g. Start at 8 mg ad go to 7.5mg stay there for 2 months and then go down to 7mg. It is going to take along time but this gradual adjustment will allow you to function and will reduce the temptation of a relapse - in my case to Heroin for 10 yrs so I did not want to go back. Once you get to 2mg reduce by .25 mg. From 1mg down you will then have to reduce by .125mg. To do this you will have to split the 2 mg tablets into 8 pieces (crumbs basically) and follow the 1-2 month adjustment plan. Finally when you have been on your last dosage (.125mg) for 1-2 months you can stop taking subs completely. If you follow this system the jump off is not that bad - I promise. I recommend then that you take a combination of advil, multi vitamins as well as milk thistle and st johns wort if you have budget for it. If you need help or have questions please post a response and I will notified by email that your question is waiting. Good luck good people and God be with you. The Subhelper 3.

I am having the same issue.I started taking percacet for 2 yrs for back pain,(crashing while motocross racing).My friend gave me a 8mg sub and I took a small piece of it 6 months ago and I was cured,it usually lasts about 4 days breaking it up,last week I went without it and withdrawals through the roof.I'm 42,depressed and verge of crying,I never knew it was the suboxone that depressed me,how do I get off........thank you.....

Ive been using opiates on a regulaer basis for about a year and a half, family got involved last summer when i came home from school and i went cold turkey, sucked for like 4 days but i was never really an every day user. I relapsed last fall when i came home from college one weekends, yet i somehow managed to graduate that semester while dealing with a mix of heroin, occasionally a Suboxone (When I could find one) and just straight withdrawal days. After school ended i continued using more heavily then found a sales/marketing job with good pay. Someone i worked with had a large script of subs and i would buy them weekly, take them most days, use on others. During this summer i went two months without using heroin with help from subs, tapered down to a 1 mg. then relapsed immidetly. If your gonna tapper you have to do it at a slow pace. REAL SLOW, however just last week when my friend/suboxone dealer was gone for a couple days i started to withdraw quickly. (I was on 4 mg a day), I decided to go for it and just tought it out, its day 4 and im feeling alot better and really good about myself. This sh*t has done nothing but hold me back and make my life hell. I know all the withdrawal symptoms wont be gone till a couple weeks, but its really only cold sweats, body aches sometimes and insomnia and the runs. K pins help me sleep but i'm on my way to success and im gonna tough it out, you can too. Whats a couple weeks of misery for a chance to live normal again. I live with my parents and gf for now till we save to move out and somehow they are clueless, they all know ive injected heroin b4 but not since last summer. I came clean to my parents yesterday but not my gf because she just can not realate and will just cause more problems. ANYWAYS, the sun shined for me this morning for the first time in years it felt. all these emotions and feelings are comming back i hopefully never return to the devil again but nothing in life is for sure. Withdrawals are enevitable but if you need the subs to graduate use them, but the longer you use and the more you use the worse the WD's will be. You just gotta look at it as a battle and a fight, get motivated and pissed off, run excersice all the stuff helps aton. YOGA is also GREAT, used to think it was kinda p***y.

I am kind of sick of people asking how to quit sub's with out having W/D's. The bottom line is you have been high for years on opiates and in order to get off you have to go through some pain. There is nothing that will take the W/D's away. You have to "man up" and take it... There is no easy way out. I'm sorry if this disappoints people, but its the truth! I am on day 6 of no sub's and quit cold turkey off of 2 mg's per day for over 1 year. Before that I was doing 80mg's-160mgs of any opiate known to man. The worst was day 3, 4, & 5. And when I say the worst I am talking about feeling like I had the flu. If you think you can party for years and feel "fantastic" every day for several years, like I did, and not have to pay some consequences, your sadly mistaken.

However, I will tell you that by day 2, yes day 2, I started to feel my emotions come back :-). And it was better than any high EVER! Listen to lots of your favorite music, it will give you crazy chills, not the bad ones! We all HATE the bad ones... I will also say that unless you are ready (pissed off beyond all recognition, at the drug) it will not work. You have to HATE the drug and get mad at it. I screamed and yelled the first two days, at the drug. It was very intense, the emotions that is. But it felt wonderful! I even went as far as enticing the drug to "BRING ON THE W/D'S" I SCREAMED, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!! BRING IT FUC$*%# ON, DRUG!! Sounds strange but that is what got me through the first 3 days. After that I stayed active. Went to the casino, shopping, anything that sounded like it would give me a little rush and take my mind off of the W/D's. And it worked!! It also helps to have friends and family around who know the whole story. You will want to b***h and moan about how pissed off you are and how shitty you feel, even though its no worse than a mild flu. I know everyone is different but if your habit was anything like mine, it wont be very hard at all. Everyday after day 5, for me, got better. Now here I am AT WORK, sitting in my cubical, freezing my ass off (that's the only W/D symptom I have left) and couldn't be happier. I actually have some emotions back and it feels just as good as my first high from opiates. This is not a joking matter and I would not lie about any of it, PERIOD!! It also helps to do exactly what you are doing now and read read read. However, there are some extremely negative posts on here as well. Some people (in my opinion are ones who were not 100% ready to stop) who say W/D's last for weeks/months. Its not my job to judge, BUT, I think a lot of their "pain" is in their head. Not all of it!!! But some, especially if they are saying the W/D's last longer than 10 days. Don't let that discourage you. One other thing that helped during day 4 & 5 (which was my peak W/D period) was a body "cleansing" from GNC. It cost about $50 bucks but it was well worth it! Them more fluid you drink the more you pee the faster the W/D's will go away, I say this from experience. Hope this long post help's even just one person. Life is all about emotions; and with opiates, you have none! Feel free to ask me anything you like. I'm happy to help if I can. God Bless and good luck-- BE A MAN/WOMAN AND GET YOUR LIFE BACK! Like the above person said, "whats a couple weeks of discomfort to get your life back"?

I TOTALLY agree with all the above.. Im 7 days clean COLD TURKEY from a 4 year opiate MAJOR habbit/addiction.. I had tried many times before to stop taking and i just couldnt, the withdrawls were just to bad OR so i thought untill i FINALLY totally got FED UP and said IM DONE, i cant live this way anymore and if i have to i just dont wanna live! Something just snapped in me for real as odd as it sounds but this time when i quit i MEANT IT and the withdrawls were NOTHING like i had experienced before.. I dont wanna say it has been easy but i almost have to..lol.. The best way i can describe it is like my mind *Will power* was totally seperated from my body literally that is how it felt.My body for the first 3 days felt AWFUL but OMG my mind was as clear as the sky above and it was an AWESOME feeling.. YOU HAVE TO BE DAMN READY AND FED UP and ANYONE can do it.. It took me 4 yrs to get to this point so i can understand all the ppl who say *They just cant do it, or the withdrawls are just to bad etc* Ive been there but just dont give up.. I felt pretty crappy the first day,layed around a LOT couldnt eat etc, basically like i had the flu and every day got easier for me THEN i hit day 3 and it was pretty much like day 1 for some reason WHO KNOWS..lol.. But day 4 and on have been a BREEZE other than i feel a little drained and i get tired easy BUT i know this will pass.. I AM FREEEEEE... and SO happy about it and YES its a high WAYYY better than ANY drug can give u and WOW i totally get the part about the emotions comming back.. THEY DO.. Its been wild for me.. Day 4 on i have tried to stay busy as stated above, going out etc just living really for the FIRST TIME IN 4 DANG YEARS.. You dont realize untill you get clean just how much you have been missing. Your mind is just numb i guess..
Like the man said.. GET PISSED and i mean PISSED and be DONE and its not as hard as u think once u have literally made your mind up that you want your life back... Oh and the water/fluid thing WORKS.. I have drank myself silly on water and also been taking TONS of vitamins etc.. ANyone can do this and my wish for EVERYONE addicted to this evil is to become FREE..

If i shoot dope to cure suboxone withdrawals, will they come back harder once i come down off the dope? I dont plan on doing dope anymore I just really couldnt afford to feel like sh*t that day for school.

ok i was addicted to OC for over 4 years and heavily, when i switched to suboxone, i just used it to not go into WD but now i am clean and have a weaning schedule that gave me no wd not even the blury or foggy vision, i also have posted my story and mental support at addictsjournal.wordpress.com