Hello everyone. I really like this one girl that I see very often in the library. I tried to come closer to her, but she is always running away. Generally, she is alone all the time, sometimes she is with one friend but that is very rarely. So, because I really like her I wanted to find out more about her so I asked her friend. She told me that she has some issues. She didn't wanted to tell me what issues she is talking about, but that didn't pushed me away. After a while, she saw that I am really interested in her and she told me that she has borderline personality disorder. She told me that she would love if I could help her. I don't know anything about this. What is borderline personality disorder and how can a person treat it?

Good day there.

I am sorry to hear this, but if you are really into this girl, maybe you can help her? I don't know, I just do know that people with any mental illness are really hard to handle. But that doesn't have to mean that we don't have a soul and that we can't love someone.

OK, 

Borderline personality disorder  is really a serious mental illness that centers on the inability to manage emotions effectively. This is a kind of disorder that occurs in the context of relationships: sometimes all relationships are affected, sometimes only one. It usually begins during adolescence or early adulthood.

So, to help this girl, you really need to find out in which stadium of disease she is...

Borderline personality disorder is quite a nasty condition, I wouldn't get into this relationship if I were you. People with this disorder have a sudden change in their moods and behaviors and you never really know how they are going to react. When it comes to relationships, they are unable to commit, they are likely to leave you without a proper reason, without even saying goodbye, just disappearing, and they are likely to cheat on you.

Psychotherapy and medications are the only two ways for treating this, it was harder before to treat this but as medicine progressed, it is easier now.

Deni is right, I used to date a guy who is suffering from borderline personality disorder. He didn't even tell me this, his best friend did because he told me that I am the sweetest person he has ever met and that he can't let him lie to me. Well, I continued to date him anyway and he really hurt me. I promised myself to never date someone suffering from any kind of condition again, but I assume that you want to learn from your own experience and I respect that since I am like that as well, just don't get too involved.

Well, you should just go along with it and see if things will work out for you two. You know, it is quite a hard condition to deal with, it is nice if you want to stick around her but it isn't going to be easy, she didn't avoid you for no reason, she is probably aware of her behavior and how she is likely to treat you badly although she is crying for help inside her. I don't know, you might be the one to help her fight this, you will have to try it in order to find out.

The poor girl probably has bunch of bad experience already and that is probably the reason why she is avoiding you, she probably just doesn't want things from the past to happen again.

I know that this is completely your choice but if I were you, I would go ahead and see if things between you two will work out, if she likes you, of course. You are going to discover a lot of things about borderline personality disorder during your time spent with her so you will have a chance to see it all for yourself, so don't research about it now.

Hi there guys. Yes, I am pretty aware that any condition that is connected with our brain can be really nasty. And trust me, I really had in my mind to leave this aside. but I just can't. I can see how she is suffering and how unhappy she is. I can see that and I know that a lot of you will tell - who are you to try to help her. And I am aware of this fact, but I just can't. I just can't leave her in this moment when I am really into her. I wish that I could help her. What do you think, should I talk to someone about her problem before I talk to her?Anyway, I don't even know how to approach to her and tell her that I want to help...

I really do understand that you want to help her, but the problem is because you don't know what you are into. This can be very troublesome, like others told you - for you and for her as well. Besides, you don't even know this girl! And you can't just come to someone that you don't know telling her that you want to help her. That is silly, if you ask me. I understand that you want to help her and that you don't mean anything wrong, but you could just repel her.

You need to find other way, but it is hard. That is why I believe that you should stay away from her...

Uh, it is really hard to tell what to do in this situation. I am not a professional, but I do agree that you can't just come to this girl telling her that you do know what problems she has. It would freak her out I am sure.

Anyway, this is really complicated type of disorder. It is a mental illness and you are not an expert to try to deal with it. This is something that expert needs to do. You need to remember that this is a disorder and this is a mental health disorder that impacts the way she thinks and feels about herself and others, causing problems to everyone.

She needs an expert.