I have been experiencing trouble with my ankle. I feel pain just above my heel. I thought that it would pass but it didn’t. I was forced to ease up on my workouts but the pain was still there. I am not sure what it was. I stopped working out and the pain subsided but yesterday I started again vigorously and the pain was back. What do you think about it?

I think that you have a trouble with tendonitis. It means that your tendon becomes inflamed. It can happen for a variety of reasons, and the normal, usual action of pulling the muscle becomes irritating. Overuse is the most common cause of tendonitis. Typically, people begin an exercise program, or increase their level of exercise, and soon start experiencing symptoms of tendonitis. Because the tendon is unaccustomed to the new level of demand this overuse will cause an inflammation and tendonitis.

I had this same problem once. It was tendonosis and after about two weeks it went away. I was told to ice my calf/heel and lightly stretch my achilis and calf muscles and I had to do strengthening exercises such as leg lifts.