i broke my left fibula in HS after it healed, when i first started training again for football, it hurt. I have started to experience the exact same painfrom my right fibula (not the left) what could it be?? - perhaps it is not even coming from my fibula (above the ankle on right side of leg), but if feels exactly the same.

It sounds like the problem I have been having for a week now.

Inquiry minds want to know.

Could be a number of this, stress fracture, bone bruise. Without an xray it would be hard to tell

Maybe phantom pain from your lost left leg? No?
Greg's right, it could be any number of things, even tendonitis, but without an x-ray, or more specific information, it's hard to tell.

i have recurring pain two inches above my ankle, on theinside of the leg. x-rays again and again have ruled out stress fracture, however, the sheath that covers the bone appears to be pulling away from the bone.

it is a soft tissue injury, in my case from stretching improperly. (stretching the back ofmy calf will do it). first time it took 5 weeks to clear. this time, it is not as severe and i am icing after running and then heat at night. also think wrapping really helps healing process.

it may be the tendon in that area - when it is touched it is right on the bone which is why i thought fracture at first. X-ray will help rule out a fracture.

i need a manual for idiots on stretching.