Hi, my daughter is 16 years old and I really don't know what to do with her. She is constantly doing thing which I told her not to do. She is arguing about everything and her results in school are not so good. I would like to know what effective punishment which she would react on is.

Hi, my daughter is same age like yours and she also made me troubles in the past. I don't think that punishment is effective way to achieve some goals in communication with children. You need to talk to your daughter and see if there are some objective reasons for such behavior. Try to pint her at her mistakes. If such communication doesn't show results you always may restrict some things she likes like going out with friends or so.

as i am a teenager myself and have two older siblings both male and female teens i think the most effective punishment would be to stop any type of money being given to her, like stopping alowence or if she wants to go shopping with her friends dont give her money.
at the begining she will be stroppy but in the end she will reason with you.
teenage girls really need money to buy important things in life so it WILL work!
good luck
xx candyheartss xx

Serioulsy want to know the worst punishment a teenageer could ever face...take theeir bedroom door off their hinges, they'll hate you for a while, but eventually will get over it

I'd take away privileges for sure and take off her door. But if still there is no changes. I'd send her to the nearest military boot camp for girls and see if still there are no changes. This might be extreme but it is for the best.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I did that to my daughter and she was hot about it. Stopped the behavior though.