My age is 25,,,, my holter report is Minimum HR-4 intervals 36 bpm and Maximum Hr-4 Intervals 124 bpm . Average Hr-24 hours 66 bpm ............can i take pacemaker or is it good for my age? what do you think,,,,this holter report is really like a severe bradycardia patient  ? I'm very nervous , please someone help me?

Hi Adnar,

36 bpm is very low. 

Have you had other diagnostic tests?  Is your heart in good condition, physically?  It can be an electrical or conduction problem.

What does your cardiac specialist suggest?  Sometimes medications can be used.  If that is not an option then a pacemaker may be recommended.

There is not enough information to give you a recommendation.  A thorough cardiac workup is required. 

I did all diagnostic tests(HAEMATOLOGY,,,,BIOCHEMICAL ,,IMMUNOLOGY,,,CHEST X-RAY,,URINE TEST,,,ECO),,,and all tests were good.

.....I feel much better now,,,,,,yesterday I measured my heartbeat and all time I found my beat with in 70-80,,,,,,but today afternoon I've got this symptom again(breath problem, fatigue) . That time my heart beat was 52

My cardiac specialist has a confusion about my age (25) , He gave me another cardiac specialist's address . Because pacemaker is not easy matter for my age.

Hi Adnar,

I would strongly recommend you see the other specialist, soon. A pacemaker would not be my first choice unless there was no alternative.

Did you have a cardiac conduction test? Sometimes called EPS?

Keep us posted.

no I did not do it . is it necessary ?

I have a question ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a hard working man . I did many tough work like gym,cycling,playing football before falling this kind of heart disease . I did all this hard work regularly . Is it the main cause of my disease  ? If i stop all of this hard work will i surely recover from this disease?

Adnar,

I strongly recommend it the test.

I don't think your work has contributed to this problem.

In many cases the low heart rate CAN indicate that there is a problem with the electrical system of the heart. The heart, like all muscles, runs off of electricity. It has it's own natural "pacemaker", the SA (sinoatrial) node that starts the heart beating.

I believe what you have is called a cardiac or heart block. It's not a blockage of blood, it's a disorder in the electrical conduction of the heart. If the normal pacemaker (SA node) isn't working, the AV (atrioventricular) node can trigger the heartbeat, but it is slower than normal, about 40-60 bpm.

I specifically think you have a sinoatrial block.

Hope it helps.

heavy leg, faint , fatigue ,dizziness ,lightheaded ,breath problem, all are the symptom of bradycardia and I've got all of them .................so my doctor is correct about the disease .....but I am doing all of work by fighting with this symptom ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont need pacemaker and I dont want it so

If your doctor is saying you have bradycardia without looking for a cause, he's not doing his job.

The symptoms you have also indicate a cardiac block which would cause bradycardia.

Get another opinion please!

I have done all of my test and he did'nt find any symptom of heart block . My doctor only has found low(brady) and high(tracy) beat from the holter test..............He did'nt say that it is only sinus bradycardia but he said about pacemaker and gave me address of another doctor for getting better advice .

See the other doctor.

thanks dear for your kind information , but I want to know about pacemaker . Is it painful?

It should not be painful. It may be uncomfortable however, at least until you get used to it.

It is implanted under the skin so there will be a small lump.

will I do hard exercise with it .

You should be able to do your hard exercises. It may be uncomfortable with the lump but you'll get used to it.

The new units are much smaller than older ones.