My father has always been having some eye problems. He is shortsighted and for the last ten years he has been using contact lenses. Unfortunately, he has to deal with cataract problem now and he has already scheduled an operation to remove it. While explaining the procedure doctor mentioned that Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose will be applied? What is Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose used for?

That substance is used for some eye surgeries, including removal of cataract and the implantation of lenses. The shape of the eye might be disturbed during those procedures and also, eye tissue might be damaged by surgical instruments. This is what HM is used to deal with. There are no serious side effects, if any at all, that would prevent doctors to use this chemical on your father. So, I guess you have nothing to worry about here.

Recently I used Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) - once daily controlled release - to control cholestrol three times. I reacted with itching all over my body which three antihistimines controlled. The label said no yeast, sugar, starch, artificial flavor, color or added preservatives. Other ingredients were sodium, sodium bicarbonate, pectin, stearic acid (vegetable source), and HYDROXYPROYL METHYLCELLULOSE which is the only ingredient not found in other supplements I ingest daily. Have other people allergically reacted to this chemical? Why did I?

The itching is not an allergic response to hydroxypropyl methycellulose. It is a known and common side effect of the Niacin itself. Taking low dose aspirin with the Niacin helps to moderate the itching and hot flashes.

Niacin, when flushing out Toxins and radiation in the Body does that.

It not an allergic reactions you having to it.
Practically everyone has that reaction even on 100 mg or 500 mg.

Niacin is Science Best keep secret.
Because it Power that it can flush out Radiation in the body, ie. it probably prevent skin cancer.

Love,
Teri

Around a week ago I started using Green Coffee Bean Extract to lose weight. In this product the HYDROXYPROYL METHYLCELLULOSE is used. I have an itchy rash all over my body. I really think this product is not suitable to me, because I can't think what else it could be. To be sure I am going off the product today to see if the rash disappears.

I am taking it in allergy tablets and have the same problem. I am fine now I have changed tablets that don't include hypromellose

Niacin does this on it's own. It isn't an allergic reaction; it just feels like it because the niacin releases all the histamine held in your cells. The effect only lasts a short time, and vanishes when your body gets used to taking niacin at a steady dose. I have asthma and allergies, and only experienced the 'burn' and itching once, and it didn't aggravate the conditions - in fact, the asthma seems to have improved by about 50%, and I'm only a week in to using it.