Im a 22 year old male and Had a Pul,omary Embolism in my lungs..  I have been taking Warfarin for about 8 months been off for 3 and now back on nc ,y levels werent consistent ... I was wondering if smoking regular weed and Medical weed affect your INR levels and was wondering if that can affect them... I smoke pretty heavily threw out the day.. always out of the pipe is this bad?? so hard to find information online can some one please help!!!

Hi Guest,

Yes, marijuana (any type) can affect your INR levels.  There are documented cases that show a possible interaction.  The more you smoke the greater the effect.

Smoking anything can increase your risk of a pulmonary embolism.

Hope it helps.

I am 59 yo and smoked straight Pot for many years, yes it is harmful for your lungs, lungs are only meant for oxygen, and don't believe the hype that Pot is only a harmless herb, it is not harmless. It can do much damage to all your body, I stopped using 4 years ago and I never thought giving up would be so dramatic on my physical and mental abilities. Marijuana is an insidious drug, you think you got everything under control until you decide to stop, then you discover it had control of you. If you stopped using then do yourself a favor, don't start, go to the GYM, exercise and eat healthy food, then you are assured of a quality life. After all don't you owe yourself a quality of life????