Good day everyone.

I have a huge surgery in the March. This day is getting closer and I am very concerned. I never knew that I have so serious heart issue until I went to see my doctor for something else. Now, I need to have aortic root surgery and I know that this operation can be very complicated and dangerous.

I need to know a two things.

First is – what is normal diameter of an Aortic root and second one - 

How difficult is the surgery? I have great doctors around me but still I am scared.

I am only 29 years old.

Hello baby.

The aortic root measurements should be corrected for body surface area. A rot size of 3,8 cm in a tall individual may be normal for example, but a 3,6 cm root may be enlarged in a very small individual. According to some cardiologists, surgery is usually considered at about 5 cm.

As for your question about the surgery, it is usually not that difficult. I remember when some lady in my neighborhood had this surgery and everything was just fine with her. Surgery was pure success.

Of course, you always need to be careful and consult your doctor about possible complications.

Hi guys. Well, my mom has been through this surgery and I think that I do know a lot about it. Surgery went very well but she was really scared and I remember that we were everyday in the hospital because she had some weird sensation in her chests. But everything was fine about it. Of course, there are so many cases when operation is very complicated.

I agree with Ashley, those are normal diameters of an aortic root. My mom’s doctor told us exactly the same thing like she wrote.

Tell me, how do you feel now? What doctors told you about this surgery?

Hey guys. Thank you for your support. I need to tell you that I am counting days until that surgery and I know that this is going to happen within four days. I really do hope that your advice is going to help me to be calm and to wait for this surgery like I should. I need to tell you that I am scared but thank you for understanding me once again. I went today to see my doctor, to consult him one more time and he told me that I should not be afraid and that everything is going to be ok. I hope so.