Good day everyone. My cousin's name is Ellie and she is a medicine student. A few days ago she called me to tell me that she has a seminary work and her subject is “Function and structure of an aortic root”. I found almost everything that I need about this to help her, I send it to her, but I want to hear some experience. She wants to hear experiences because she is trying really hard to write a great essay. :) 

Now, I really want to know what are function and structure of an aortic root and what do you think about it? Thank you

Good day there.

When you say aortic root that refers to the aortic valve from its position at the left ventricular outlet. The whole structure is the aortic valve in the end. The normal aortic valve is more complicated that we can imagine.   The aortic root is a composite structure of several elements and not only from valvar leaflets. Once you understand what is the central location in the heart it will be much easier to understand the anatomy of the aortic root and its location impacts.

It is a little bit complicated to explain. I hope that I helped you a little bit.

Good day there.

It is actually very simple. It is not complicated at all. The main function of aortic root is that it connects the heart to the systemic circulation and is a highly sophisticated and very, but very complex structure. Each component of the aortic root has some optimal macroscopic and the microscopic structure and anatomical architecture which contributes to the function of the aortic root.

Once you understand it you will be able to understand whole function. Structure is a little bit difficult to explain to me so I won’t even try because I am sure that I am going to made a mistake.

Good day there.

This root can be defined as the portion of the left ventricular outflow tract which supports the leaflets of the aortic valve. I believe that this is delineated by the sinotubular ridge superiorly and the bases of the valve leaflets inferior.

It was a little bit hard for me to understand this but than my doctor explained to me – he was driving to me and I still have that paper. That is what I know about this.

But I have never understand it that clear. It was so complicated to me.

Have a nice day there! Bye

Yes, I totally agree with you The Big Z. But I can tell that you have forgot something that is very important. I believe that it is very important to understand the term aortic root because I believe that a lot of you doesn’t know a lot about it. It is used when you want to describe the disease of the aorta. Well, aortic root begins at the aortic annulus and ends at the upper level of the aortic valve commissures, the sino – tubular junction.

The function is well known but the structure is definitely a bit hard to explain.