I have two kids and the second one gave me pretty bad stretch marks. She's 10 now by the way and I have had those stretch marks ever since that time... yes, in spite of using some fancy stretch mark cream at the time. In addition, I lost quite a lot of weight in my teens. That left me with a bunch of really weird stretch marks on my inner upper thighs and on my buttocks. Those are faded now, as much as they ever will, but if I can get rid of them I'd do it. I'm posting here to ask for DermaRoller skin needling reviews, not as an anti-aging treatment but for stretch marks. Some say it works. If you have had this treatment done then please tell me if your stretch marks were reduced thanks to DermaRoller. 

Thanx

JC

I have undergone micro-needling to reduce my stretch marks. I was told that derma rollers are a primitive tool compared to micro-needling, and that micro-needling simply achieves better results. The derma rollers are rolled on mechanically with the hands, and that can lead to uneven application. Derma rollers are prone to leave much more redness and little wounds after the treatment compared to micro-needling. So that is why I went with micro-needling. Automated micro-needling are also easier to sterilize.

To treat severe scarring and stretch marks, you will need a dermaroller of 1.5 to 3 mm. This is not a fun treatment and it is not usually suitable for the face. You will bleed, you will be in pain, and you will need to recover a few weeks to a month before attempting any subsequent treatments. Yes, it can really work, but there is also the potential of additional scarring, bad reactions, even infection. Yes, you can do it at home, but you share the responsibility for risk if you get it done professionally. Those are all things to consider. But yes, with this treatment, your stretch marks can potentially be gone for good.

Yikes, so if I understand correctly, dermarollers are actually manual rollers with plastic handles and stuff that go round with needles in various sizes, causing micro injuries to the skin and because you're actually hurting yourself, your skin sends your body a message to increase collagen production and send new skin cells and what not? Alright, I guess that is a plausible scenario, but it don't sound pleasant to me. If I were you, mate, I'd start off with smaller needles (some of these machines come with different size needles yeah?) and then try bigger ones only if those end up not like making you look terrible. Just saying...

Yes, you will need needles of longer than 1 mm to reach the deeper layers of the skin in which the stretch marks are etched. No, if you do it correctly, you should not see blood. Also, if you are pain sensitive, using a local anesthetic cream to numb the area you are going to be treating is a perfectly legitimate option. For stretch marks, you only need to use the dermaroller once every three to six weeks, and doing it more often is not a good idea. As always, make sure you disinfect your dermaroller before and after using it as well as disinfecting the area of skin you will be rolling. Only cover the skin five times in each direction. You can also apply a stretch mark cream to the area prior to using the dermaroller in increase the effectiveness of the treatment.

Hi there,

I am in the same boat with BAD stretch marks from (my one and only) pregnancy. Everyone told me that they would fade, and some even said they were some kind of warrior marks to make me more beautiful. Hahaha. My huz doesn't notice them much 'cause I keep the lights out, hahaha. I notice them. That is the big deal here. Yes, I've tried the creams both during pregnancy when I didn't even know I'd get stretch marks, and afterwards. Nothing. They might have faded some, but that makes them no less ugly.

Dermarollers are proven to be effective against deep wrinkles, and stretch marks aren't much different to deep wrinkles in essence, are they? I think I will try this one out. Dermarollers are not too expensive and seem like a realistic solution. I do feel a bit scared of doing it though, but if I have to choose between this and keeping the stretch marks forever? Yes, I choose dermarollers.

My only question is which one exactly to order, because there are so many different ones around and they obviously come in all different qualities. If anyone knows more about that, I am all ears.

Jane

Yes, it works! I had terrible stretch marks all over my breasts from weight fluctuations and my breasts looked very battered to the point that I was avoiding swimming, sports in a gym with other people... I have been using 1.5 mm titanium needles on my stretch marks for one year now. Results are far from instant, and the treatments themselves are not for the pain sensitive. After using it for a year, though, my stretch marks are reduced to the point that I feel OK going to the swimming pool again. You can still see them, but not from miles away. I am happy.

Dermarollers do improve stretch marks. I suggest you get 1.5 mm needles in titanium to start off with. Because the dermarollers do need replacing frequently and also because you may not like it, I would suggest you buy a cheaper one. Use a numbing cream to stop the pain before and a good hypoallergenic body lotion afterwards, a hydrating one that stops the feeling of tightness. What I would actually suggest if you are not sure how to roll is to watch a few YouTube videos as there are quite a few experienced rollers on there that share their routine with you. This will help you avoid mistakes.

Hope that helps! :)

I haven't tried this product but to remove my stretch marks I used dermalmd stretch mark serum...its a very promising product and very gentle over the skin without any side effects....so if you are searching for a 100% cure.....go for this serum..