Hello good people,

I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I have been depressed for ages now and it has only been 8 months. I have lost everyone, nobody wants to stick around me anymore and I am not quite sure that I want them to, it is like, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. My boyfriend left me and a part of me left with him as well.

Now I am feeling empty, I feel like an empty shell, nothing inside, just a body without its soul and spirit. I don't know what to do anymore.

what you can do is talk to me ,if you want

Have you tried fighting this on your own, Guest?

If you have already tried to fight this on your own but failed, then you should seek professional help. If I were you, I would go and talk to my doctor and ask him to set me up a meeting with a psychologist. If you have a lot of money, you could choose a private psychologist and just go directly to talk to him. You will basically have to visit this psychologist about 2 times a week but he can really help you, if you follow his directions, you are likely to get better.

Nina is right, Guest, if you can't fight it on your own, you should definitely seek professional help.

It is not an embarrassment to talk to a psychologist, you know. Most of the people think of it as an embarrassment but I don't really know why. Psychologists are really helpful when it comes to helping people who are suffering from depression or anxiety. Not just that, whatever problem you have, when you can't decide between two things for example, talking to a psychologist can really help. You will keep feeling empty and hollow for as long as you remain depressed, you know.

I've tried, I really tried to get out of this condition but I just couldn't do it, one of my friends told me that I was weak and that he never wants to see me again. He also called me a coward.

I want to talk to a psychologist but I don't have the money to afford one. I don't know if I can get a free one if I visit my doctor, I will try and see if that is possible. If it is, I will start seeing a psychologist, after all, I really want to get better, it has been enough of this.

I don't know how do things like that work in your country, but they work like that in my country. Your doctor sends you to talk to a psychologist and if it turns out that you really need his or her help, then you get a free psychologist until he or she decides that you no longer need professional help of that type.

It's probably the best way, I mean, even people who don't have any kind of mental or mood disorder talk to psychologists sometimes. I used to talk to a psychologist when I was a teen, once a week.

Hey there. 

That is a normal behavior when you are depressed. I was dealing with this a long time ago, but the most important thing is that I was not dealing with this alone.

Trust me, you just can't fight this by yourself. It is very hard and you should not avoid professional help from someone. 

I know, because I was trying to handle with this at the beginning alone and everything that has happened to me was opposite - I was even more depressed than usually.

So I went to see a professional and he helped me a lot. You should do it as well.  

Well I need to tell you that I don't agree with you. Maybe I am from small country (it doesn't matter where I live) but we don't take psychiatrist when we are feeling empty or depressed. I do understand that a lot of people find it more easy, but when I am feeling empty I find someone who I love and who I trust and I talk to him. I think that no one can help you better than them. I was depressed a lot of times, I was feeling down and empty but when I talk to someone I know I feel much better. Now, why do you even think that it is better to take someone who is an expert and pay him or her to listen to you? I really want to know.

Wait, wait dear Guest...

There are people who are educated to help people who have several problems, problems with depression and their mental health.

With all my respect, but I believe that no one can help you better than them. I was in this situation more  than 100 times and I never find anyone who is around me that can help me.They love you and they will tell you that everything is going to be OK and sometimes you know that it won't be OK. 

Am I right? 

Look, it is not a shame to see a psychiatrist. Sometimes that is the only solution.  

You shouldn't fight about this issues. Everyone has a right to have own opinion, so this discussing doesn't have a sense from my point of view.

The most important thing is that you try to handle with it at the best way that you can. There are a couple of therapies that can help you when you are feeling empty.

Emptiness might stem from slowly abandoning ourselves, and in those cases we do not listen to our own hopes and desires.That is why you need to find someone who can help you to stay yourself and to stay with you. 

I think that you are totally right. Also, there are a different kind of emptiness, so there is a therapy for every of them that is different. I have one advice for you as well when you find yourself in this situation. You should be alone in some time of the period every day. That is the only way to see what you are missing when you are alone.

Also, explore your current feelings. Find out why something is making you depressed and empty. When you learn what this could be, you will be able to find a cure for it and to struggle with it.