People, I really need your help because I am feeling so down and so helpless this couple of months. Some things changed in my life completely and I really don't know is there anyone who can help me. 

I was diagnosed with clinical depression a couple of months ago. Actually it has been almost a year. But I was copping with it very good so far.

But now I have some other things that worries me - My clinical depression triggered agoraphobia and some other phobias. I have feeling that I am scared of anything and everything and trust me - I can't live this way. 

God, I was almost sure that only my mom had problems with this but now I see that I made a huge mistake. I believe that it is hard to live with agoraphobia and depression at the same time. Having a fear of wide space is something that I couldn't deal with. This is actually an anxiety disorder involving anxiety and intense fear of any situation where escape may be difficult, or where help may not be available. It often involves a fear of crowds, bridges or of being outside alone. Sometimes this can cause serious depression that can leave you at your home all day. Based on my moms experience I do know that you really should be extremely careful about this, you should talk to your doctor about this, especially if you are dealing with some other phobias. Really, what are your other phobias?

Hi Selfish,

These two things together make a really nasty team, agoraphobia and depression. I don't know what to tell you. You are in the worst situation that I am not even able to imagine how you feel. I don't know how to fight this phobia. It might go away after you've taken your life in your own hands and you start to fight depression. You need some directions here. Why don't you search for some good psychologist at the place where you live and try to talk to him/her? I honestly think that he or she might be able to help you out and to give you some directions.

I agree with Gaia, Selfish, you need to seek professional help here. Like it isn't enough that you are already suffering from depression, now you have agoraphobia and even more phobias than just this one. This is going to be really hard to deal with, I won't lie to you, even though I'm sure that you already realized this.

Psychologist or a psychiatrist, psychologist will know the best which one of these two you need. I wouldn't dare to fight this on my own if I were you. Don't be afraid to talk to one of these, they are there to help you.

I am curious to know about your other phobias as well, Selfish. Maybe you are one of those people who are prone to developing all kind of phobias, well, if you are one of these people, then depression is the worst thing that could have ever happened to you.

I don't know what can you do, mate, seek professional help, just like other people have told you. You cannot fight this on your own, I don't think that anybody could ever fight what you are fighting right now all on their own. Go out there, get some professional help and get better soon.

Hey there.

I know exactly what you are saying because I have suffered from depression. But I believe that mine is more from having the panic disorder with agoraphobia. Actually, I am sure about this because my doctor told me a lot about it. I do know that I am someone that needs a lot of activity and to be at home is not for me because I am in depression. So, when this happens I do take antidepressants, but I think what has helped me the most is learning to think differently about life.  So being on therapy helped me a lot, but I think that it is very important to learn a lot about yourself. 

That is the worst thing that can happen to someone, I am almost sure about this!

My friend was refusing to understand that she is having problems with this. I knew it that she had agoraphobia, because she was always avoiding those crowded, public places she was feeling like she is going to escape, but in her world this might be difficult. So she was avoiding places such as shopping malls, public transportation, or large sports arenas. About one in three people with panic disorder develops agoraphobia. And those people really need some help as soon as possible. They are not that hard to understand, but in my experience they usually avoid help.