It was so hard for me that I have almost completely forgotten about my little son, 4 years old. My husband died in a car crash almost two months ago and I still cannot accept that fact. As for the kid, he senses that something is wrong and always asks for his Dad. I don’t know how to explain him what happened nor should I do that at all. What is usual reaction in toddlers when lose loved one?

I am sorry for your loss, it is not an easy thing to deal with and I assume that it will never be forgotten, perhaps only the time will heal the open wounds, at least a bit. As for a little one, honestly, I don’t think he will grasp the death concept, on the other hand he does understand that Dad is not coming home and that is certainly upsetting him. Perhaps you should visit some specialist and ask for a professional help. In meanwhile, just give him all your love!