My husband has been told recently that he suffers from some condition called sensory overload-I have made him actually go see a doc for he started not to hear or see things he seems like lost in his own world without detecting a single word I am telling him. He was busy whole his life and under the stress lately and maybe he just needs some rest but I am afraid this sensory overload condition could be the sign of some more serious mental illness-that is what I have red in fact but somehow I could not connect it to my husband he was always such a strong character and now he seems he is losing all the senses practically.

I don’t think this sensory overload condition is related to some more serious mental disorder –which usually is the case for sensory overload usually comes along with autism and asperger’s – but I think your husband is stressed and so this sensory overload is typical regarding his life patterns for it is more likely he doesn’t want to hear no word or to see anything for a while. My dad had the same problem with this sensory overload condition about 5 years ago and this situation lasted for about a year or so but it was just his way to deal with stress and now his sensors after all these years works just fine the fact is that your husband need some long rest from everybody and anything and after a while he would probably be like a new.