Recently really been dealing with a severe case of hypochondria and fear of death.

looking for the best treatment.

just came up on me the past couple of months, and can't seem to shake it.

all advice is deeply appreciated.

a.

I got better with cbt. You can join a group or see an individual therapist but you really have to do the work yourself so you can save a lot of money doing through cbt books. The book we used in my group was called Been There, done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz and the TEA form exercise in it teaches you how to eliminate the thinking errors that cause fears and anxieties and if you work on them everyday they will teach your brain to think more realistically and keep your fears away. It is worth the effort imo.

Hi A,

I am a trainee psychologist being trained in CBT at the moment. My research interests are hypochondria and death anxiety, and most of the recent literature suggests that CBT is generally very helpful. It has also been found that groups can be especially helpful because it provides an opportunity to hear about similar experiences form other people.
Take care!

M

Great to hear confirming evidence from a professional. I still use the TEA forms can't believe how much such a basic exercise has helped me.