Hi everyone!!!

Can you help me with a problem I have been struggling with, please??? I'm 32 and white with some Greek heritage, and I love international travel and beaches :). I've recently noticed some, well, uneven skin color on my face. It's hard to describe. I am sure it had been building up for a while, because that does not just appear out of nowhere does it, but I literally noticed it one day. It is mainly on my cheeks and forehead. 

So: 1. I assume this was caused by sun damage but are there any other possible reasons? And 2. What can I do about this uneven skin color, preferably not something very invasive?

Thank you!!!

Hiya,

Have you ever heard of Clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector? That's got some awesome reviews. Other than that, the key is really to exfoliate regularly, use a good toner and primer, and then a foundation. That will guaranteed put an end to uneven skin colour on your face, at least that people can see, you know? If you're not sure what's wrong with your skin anyway I think you ought to see a dermatologist. Once you got the right diagnosis treatment will be much easier and the dermatologist can help you with that too, including prescription treatments if you need them. 

Celebrity

Hey,

Have you ever tried Vitamin C serum out, by any chance? This, and using oral vitamin C in the form of supplements or many fruits that contain the vitamin, really helps your skin. When used directly on the skin, it can even out your skin tone as well as closing pores, removing blemishes, and making you look healthier and younger. Many people also use lemon oil directly on their skin to bleach darker spots, with better results than you may expect. (Tip: you have to wash it off after a while, say 20 minutes.)

Hope that helps.

Rosie

PS: Let me know if you need Vitamin C serum brand recommendations.

Here's what you can do to prevent further damage and perhaps even your skin tone out a bit. 

• Use an SPF on your face every single day. Yes, even in winter. You can get SPFs for the face of up to factor 50. Go for the big guns, I say! When you're not wearing an SPF for some reason, stay out of the sun. 
  • Do you get blackheads, whiteheads, that kind of thing, and then, do you pick at them or squeeze them? That's another notorious thing that causes uneven skin tone, particularly in the form of blotching and redness. Don't do it! Get a facial instead!
  • For existing blotchy pigmentation, try Chanel Le Blanc Targeted Brightening Spot Corrector TXC.

Thanks for replying, people!!! I totally wasn't expecting this many replies, why that is I don't know!

I do get pimples, every month before my period is due. I mainly leave them alone, but when there is a particularly nasty one, I do squeeze, I admit. I don't think that is the cause of my uneven skin tone though. It is really that my skin is lighter in some places, darker in other places, darker around my cheeks and forehead, and a little bit like a mask?

I have not tried the Clinique even better clinical dark spot corrector or Vitamin C Serum. I will order both to see if it makes any difference. If it does, I will be grateful to you forever!

That sounds tough. I am not sure what that could be or what could be causing that, other than that it sounds like some kind of hyper pigmentation. I had a "pregnancy mask" with my son and it sounds a little bit like that, but you are not pregnant are you? You would probably have mentioned it if you were. In this situation, the only thing I could advise you is to consult a doctor, ideally a dermatologist but also just your family doctor if that's what you have access to, to hear their thoughts on what could be causing this.

Mmmm.... both the things you're gonna buy will probably make quite a big difference to you, but if it's real hyperpigmentation you're dealing with then you may also just wanna consider going in to see your GP or even a dermatologist. You don't know what's behind it, and perhaps you need laser treatment or some oral medication to fully get rid of those dark spots. That goes way beyond simple blotches, and I'd want all the help I could get if I had that!