Hello! My father works in a car factory. He has been moved to the department of colors which is known as very unhealthy and risky. They had two accidents in last three months. Fire precaution is generally low and I am afraid of possible accident. He has one year to his retirement and since he had some health problems he became slow and careless. I want to inform him what to do in a case of burns. What to do when the eye gets a thermal burn?

Hello! The most important thing in a case of burns is water. The affected part of the skin or the eye should be immediately put under the running cold water. Eyes are especially sensitive part of our body and they can be severely damaged in the case of chemical or thermal burns. Washing of the eye is the first thing that should be done before taking any other action. It should last for at least 10 minutes. Although thermal burs are less frequent then chemical ones they can still happen and I understand your concern.