I live in the Huson valley area of NY about 60 miles of NYC.


I am 38 years old, and have severe bunion on right foot that has been killing me for a few months now.


I saw podiatrist yesterday and he said mine is really sever where he would have to break it at the base and something else.  To be honest I did not quite understand all medical terminology.


He came recommended by my primary but how do I know I should go with him?  He has a DPM PC next to his name.


Are there certain titles I should look for?  Certain procedures they use?  Any suggestions from what I have read most people regret the surgery so not sure what to do anymore.


Thanks for any suggestions.