:'( mY 17MTH OLD BABY WAS BURNED TO HIS FACE AND HAND ON SATURDAY. THE DOCTOR GAVE US BACITRIM AND FUCIDIN AND ALSO CATAFLAM SUSPENSIONS TO TREAT THE BURN. THE BURN APPEARS WITH BOILS AND THE ARE IS RED.

iS IT A SECOND DEGREE OR FIRST DEGREE BURN?

WILL THERE BE SCARS AFTER IT HEALS OF WILL IT GO AWAY?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO HEAL FULLY?

Health Advisor
Hi, this is the second degree burn. First-degree burns swell a little bit, turn red and are painful. The skin that covers the burn may just peel away in a day or two in first-degree burns.

Second degree burns develop blisters and are also painful. It swells as well, hurts and the skin gets red and splotchy. It takes two to three weeks to heal. When it starts healing, it starts to itch. My daughter was two when she spilt a warm water onto her arm and got herself a second degree. She was big enough to scratch, so I had to trim her nails, so she wouldn’t damage the skin and break the blisters. You shouldn’t also touch the blisters. Just do what the doctor told you to do.

Always check for signs of infections like more redness and swelling, puss coming out and severe pain. This is why you must not allow blisters to be broken because bacteria can cause infection.

I don’t think he will be left with scars.