I am experiencing some very frustrating symptoms. I am a 23 year old female. I have pressure in the center of my chest, it actually feels like my chest is just really tight, I experience nausea almost everytime I eat and at night and when going to bed. When I am nautious I feel a lump in my throat which just makes it worse. I feel more tired than usual (I get plenty of sleep). Also after just about every meal, I get terrible stomach cramps (along with nausea) and feel an urgency to go to the bathroom. When I am nautious at night I also have problems with frequent urination (5-6 times an hour). Lastly, sometimes during the day but mostly at night the chest tighness is acompanied by a sad/doomed uneasy feeling. I am very frustrated because I am 23 and I never feel good. I hate feeling this way. Please, any information would be helpful. Also, I am not pregnant.

Thanks,
Casey

I'm about your same age and having similar symptoms. Did you figure out what it was?

Holy c**p! I'm 23 and I have the same thing. By the way are you a student? I'm thinking this somehow all relates to anxiety.

Hi! I also feel like there's a knot or lump in my throat. when I swallow food, it feels as though the food is passing by that lump in my chest on the right side. I am 48 and started experiencing these cramps Thurs (2) days ago. It began in the center of my chest, from front to back under my shoulder blades. It feels like someone inflates and deflates my lungs as far as possible periodically. Now it feels like I have pulled a muscle or damaged my "right" lung or something. when I cough it hurts like he-e-e-e-ll. I feel like my right lung is spasm or something. when I bend over forward it is unbearable. I don't know if I'm really feeling light headed or if it's all in my mind. I am on the way to the Urgent Care. I'll keep you informed of what they say.

concerned1

so weird...i'm 23 and going through the same thing. i've seen a number of people about it...nutritionist, therapist, gastroenterologist, gynecologist...i'm not saying it hasn't improved at all but i've had it for 8 months and hasn't gone away...any updates?

I'm not sure if this is the problem.. But I have the same symptoms. When I went to the doctor they found nothing til months later. Come to find out it was gulstones. They usual occur in woman after having a baby. They can be taken care of. Hope this helped.

Lol, I'm 22 and just started getting the same thing. I experienced a bad case of acid reflux a couple days ago from too much coffee but I drank tons of water and took TUMS and ROLAIDS, it made me feel a lot better the next day, but it's been 3 days now and I've been getting random cramps in my chest especially where my heart is, sometimes it feels like a cold burn. I'm sure it's nothing, I did experience a panic attack also the day of acid reflux so maybe this is just the aftermath.... I hope the acid didn't burn holes in my chest and heart lol o.O

SORRY FOR RAMBLING ON SO LONG, I'M JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH US!

I'm am 21 years old and have very similar symptoms. I am currently being treated with Wellbutrin for anxiety. The chest tightness, increased heart rate, and panic attacks have gone away for the most part - mostly due to a drastic lifestyle change. I have just recently quit smoking after about 8 years and I am a recovering drug addict. All of these symptoms started about 4 months ago after an accidental overdose of Adderall, (which I haven't done since.) Although most of the symptoms were anxiety related and both the medication and weekly visits with a therapist have helped I still get nauseous, and have been having acid reflux and gas. I also get this weird feeling on the left side of my upper abdomen, (underneath my ribcage.) Sometimes it's just a mild fluttering feeling, but sometimes it feels almost like a bubble filling up and then eventually (after seconds, minutes, or even hours) popping. My doctor said it was just gas getting caught in between my ribs and suggested that I eat slower. I AM AN INCREDIBLY SLOW EATER ALREADY!

About 3 years ago I went to Urologist and, after about two years of searching for answers, was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (scars on my bladder) which basically feels like a have a bladder infection all the time. I'm wondering now if it was a misdiagnosis. The medicine never helped and I still have to urinate all the time and get frequent pain in my lower abdomen. The pain ranges from a dull throbbing to a severe sharpness, and is either around my hip bones (on either side,) or on either side of my belling button (around my ovaries.) I went to a gynecologist about a month ago and she said everything felt fine. I mentioned that I have been having sex with my boyfriend completely unprotected for about 5 years and she questioned me but couldn't think of any reason why I would be infertile. She said it would be meaningless and a waste of money to take a fertility test.

I've also developed a mild sensitivity to caffeine, which is probably normal considering my diet no longer consists of cigarettes, coffee... and more coffee. I sometimes get little pinches on either side of my lower back. Usually after drinking alcohol or when I have to pee and hold it too long. I am a vegetarian, but have been trying to eat healthy food lately, (as opposed to the chocolate, cheese, and pasta I used to live off of.) I do have a tremendous sweet tooth though. I've been warned about diabetes because of these factors. I haven't been to a dentist in about 3 years because of my insurance getting cut off, but last time I went they told me I had several cavities so I wonder if maybe I have some type of reoccurring infection. I also get frequent headaches and random pains in different places on my head. I try to drink a good amount of water and it does help. I don't get headaches every day anymore. I haven't been to the eye doctor since about 6th grade so that was a suggestion. I went to a chiropractor, which got rid of most of my back pain (with the exception of the lower back pain on either side.)

I was taking medication for high blood pressure for about 3 weeks but my doctor allowed me to stop because of the improvement she saw. I've been to the E.R. several times over the past few months because when my anxiety was at it's worst I constantly thought I was on the verge of having a heart attack. They always sent me home with a clean bill of health. They said my lungs sound fine, my heart looks great, and whatever blood tests they took to check my out my stomach turned out fine. I also went to the E.R. about a year ago. After going to the bathroom I suddenly had this unbearable pain in my lower abdomen on the left side. They thought it was my appendix at first - it wasn't! They did ultrasounds, put me through one of those x-ray machines or whatever and found nothing. To this day I still don't know what was wrong. Possibly some type of intestinal infection.

ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! I WILL HELP YOU IN ANY WAY THAT I CAN. THANKS GUYS!

all these symptoms apart from the frequent urinating sound like irritable bowel syndrome or ibs. For the uti 1.5 litres of cranberry juice for 4 days or a course of antibiotics from the local doc should do the trick For ibs try some buscopan or a mint based heart burn fluid like mylanta also works well. A more natural remedy using a heatpack as hot as you can comfortably handle pressed against the lower back this is especially good during the night to prevent sleep depravation. From personal experience wheat is the main instigator but dairy and caffiene can also trigger symptoms. I found dairy and caffiene only made symptoms worse after eating wheat products but were completely fine on a wheat free diet. The wheat intolerence symtoms took me about 2 weeks to disappear and i felt like i had enough energy to run a marathon. There are plenty of wheat alternatives. Corn and rice flour are great alternatives for lasagne sheets etc... No worries in advance

Casey: Did you ever look into these symptoms? Did they develop at all? Were any of the responses similar to your developments or other symptoms?I'm experiencing symptoms that most mirroring your description. The responses seem to be what could potentially happen were my symptoms reflecting something serious.

So, I'm anxious to see how this panned out for you.

My daughter is 17 and had a lot of these symptoms plus dizziness and heart palpitations. She was diagnosed with Dysautonomia and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. She has to take medication to constrict her veins and increase her blood volume. She is doing SO much better. She had to have a tilt table test to be diagnosed. Good luck!

im also 23 years old and I'm experiencing all of these symptoms and when i go to the hospital everything always comes normal but i still dont feel good, and it makes me sound like im a liar, what can i do to help my self??

@sarah go to a gastroenterologist what you most likely have is ibs, it can cause excruciating pain with nothing that is testable. Get tested for gluten( it is in everything ) and casein and dairy allergies. If you have the panic attack/ heart chest tightening you may be having not a panic attack  but  a gall bladder attack, they can strike suddenly and hurt like hell and pass before a test can tell what is wrong. You are not a liar, you are not imagining this it is real. It does hurt and your not alone. There are medications that can help with the pain and lessen the symptoms.

Had these same symptoms started with a gallbladder attack and then ended up with ibs and gerds both cause all of the above symptoms except the frequent urination that is either a Uti or cystitis , the symptoms of a lump in your throat or difficulty swallowing could be a hernia.

I am 22 sitting on my bed trying to sleep but I cannot as all I want to do is be sick my chest is extremely tight and my stomach is killing me .. All I want to do is sleep as I get up early for my little girl .. :(