Hello, I hope that you could help me out here. I have a beautiful baby, nine months old. Ten days ago, her nose started dripping, she had a slightly increased temperature and she ate poorly. We went to doctor who said that he can hear my baby's wheezing from lungs and she was kept there. This happened yesterday and I still cannot stop worrying. I know that she is in good hands, but I would like to know myself something about that wheezing.

Wheezing happens very often to children. It is caused by immaturity of structure of bronchi and smaller respiratory pathways. It could be possible there was some viral infection that got complicated and additional super infection occurred caused by bacteria (staphylococcus, streptococcus, pneumococcus). This could have led to obstruction of breathing ways, which can be heard as wheezing with stethoscope. It is a good thing that you took your baby to a doctor, that will surely lead to a quick recovery.